[alpine-devel] How to create a tun interface?

<CAGBmBz_JtmR6yPAmyd_W85fjN-PXQT2=Br_k=bubsJWR9C0xXg@mail.gmail.com>
Hello,

I'd like to know how to create a tun interface with AlpineLinux?

I didn't see any uml-utilities or tunctl package and iproute2 seems to
be not build with tuntap support. I don't know if it can work with
Alpine.

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

Timo Teras <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<20121213133639.1a1f9d8c@vostro>
In-Reply-To
<CAGBmBz_JtmR6yPAmyd_W85fjN-PXQT2=Br_k=bubsJWR9C0xXg@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 05:58:56 +0100 alex M <lonkaji@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to know how to create a tun interface with AlpineLinux?
>
> I didn't see any uml-utilities or tunctl package and iproute2 seems to
> be not build with tuntap support. I don't know if it can work with
> Alpine.

iproute2 should be built with tuntap. Maybe you have not installed
iproute2 but are using the 'ip' from busybox builtins?

Try 'apk add iproute2'

- Timo

<20121213133734.1aff57f5@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<20121213133639.1a1f9d8c@vostro> (view parent)
On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:36:39 +0200
Timo Teras <timo.teras@iki.fi> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 05:58:56 +0100 alex M <lonkaji@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to know how to create a tun interface with AlpineLinux?
> >
> > I didn't see any uml-utilities or tunctl package and iproute2 seems to
> > be not build with tuntap support. I don't know if it can work with
> > Alpine.
>
> iproute2 should be built with tuntap. Maybe you have not installed
> iproute2 but are using the 'ip' from busybox builtins?
>
> Try 'apk add iproute2'

You can also use vde_tunctl from vde2 package or openvpn --mktun.