~alpine/devel

Re: [acf] Re: [alpine-devel] Ideas for a new config framework, ACF2

<AEA81C18-78D7-4209-A584-DCF9055978A1@yahoo.com>
On Nov 30, 2012, at 8:52 AM, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org> wrote:

-snip-

> * Lots of use of popen. This can go horrible wrong unless you take
>  great care and know exactly what you are doing (I know you do but I
>  consider this liek playing with fire).

-snip-

> * get rid of and forbid popen completely.

I have just finished removing all instances of io.popen calls from ACF. ACF is now using a library called lua-subprocess. These changes have been backported to Alpine Linux 2.5.

I will continue to work to improve the security and design of ACF. Thank you for your comments.

Ted