[alpine-devel] squid-3.2.6 for al-2.4.6

<CAEO1jGunfxq=O8T=5_S4w4eeBQnZXaUWaY1oGoQLbEH=7OiptQ@mail.gmail.com>
Hi!

I'm trying to build a custom apkovl of squid-3.2.6 for al-2.4.6. (I'm
hunting down a bug in squid).

Unfortunately i get some errors at compile time - config.log is attached.

Any suggestions are more then welcome!

Greetings,
uros

[alpine-devel] Re: squid-3.2.6 for al-2.4.6

<CAEO1jGuEUMU7qwk_t=fS3mwjYS-_8pUOVhLHXJxy=FF_zSkn1A@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAEO1jGunfxq=O8T=5_S4w4eeBQnZXaUWaY1oGoQLbEH=7OiptQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
I got it working. Needed to manually install gcc-4.6.3 from the 2.4 repo.

Greetings,
uros

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Uros Kolar <host.uros@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to build a custom apkovl of squid-3.2.6 for al-2.4.6. (I'm
> hunting down a bug in squid).
>
> Unfortunately i get some errors at compile time - config.log is attached.
>
> Any suggestions are more then welcome!
>
> Greetings,
> uros

[alpine-devel] Re: squid-3.2.6 for al-2.4.6

<CAEO1jGsUcTdZjj6hwft9Ebnbs1AVgZ47oMcEQTkz5rzz4r_Qow@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAEO1jGuEUMU7qwk_t=fS3mwjYS-_8pUOVhLHXJxy=FF_zSkn1A@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hm, upon installation of the successfully built squid apk I am greeted with

ERROR: 1 usatisfiable dependencies:
 world: squid><Q1S/XEKh0LgwcF4yqdnojYCQHRYro=

What does this suppose to mean?

Greetings,
uros

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Uros Kolar <host.uros@gmail.com> wrote:

> I got it working. Needed to manually install gcc-4.6.3 from the 2.4 repo.
>
> Greetings,
> uros
>

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Uros Kolar <host.uros@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm trying to build a custom apkovl of squid-3.2.6 for al-2.4.6. (I'm
>> hunting down a bug in squid).
>>
>> Unfortunately i get some errors at compile time - config.log is attached.
>>
>> Any suggestions are more then welcome!
>>
>> Greetings,
>> uros

Re: [alpine-devel] Re: squid-3.2.6 for al-2.4.6

<CAEO1jGsBwd6B6m7g6AmqfiLhorL4_hHrQDN-TBKH0eg7J8yUCw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20130114102452.7307fa8e@vostro> (view parent)
Thanks for replying!

Yeah, I did the whole process of building the pkg on al-2.4.6. It was funny
to build it successfully and then not beeing able to install it on the same
machine because of missing depends :P

Anyway, I did: touch /var/lib/apk/installed, tried to install the package,
it worked  (first threw me some squid unrelated depends, related to
rsyslogd)... maybe the upgrade from previous ver to 2.4.6 was fishy .. :P

anyway, tried the apk on a fresh 2.4.6 install, works :)

Timo Teras <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<CAEO1jGsUcTdZjj6hwft9Ebnbs1AVgZ47oMcEQTkz5rzz4r_Qow@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
wrote:

> Hm, upon installation of the successfully built squid apk I am
> greeted with this message:
>
> ERROR: 1 usatisfiable dependencies:
>  world: squid><Q1S/XEKh0LgwcF4yqdnojYCQHRYro=
>
> What does this suppose to mean?

That you tried to install squid from command line, but for some reason
it could be installed. The error report could a bit informative, but
due to the algorithm used, it'd need some thinking more.

Basically this implies that the squid package has multiple broken
dependencies, and apk just chose to ignore the top level requirement.

Do note that to build 2.4 package you need to build them in 2.4
installation. Building 2.5 results in so: dependencies which are not
supported in 2.4.

- Timo

Re: [alpine-devel] Re: squid-3.2.6 for al-2.4.6

Timo Teras <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<20130114105503.57a75ec4@vostro>
In-Reply-To
<CAEO1jGsBwd6B6m7g6AmqfiLhorL4_hHrQDN-TBKH0eg7J8yUCw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:51:03 +0100 Uros Kolar <host.uros@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for replying!
>
> Yeah, I did the whole process of building the pkg on al-2.4.6. It was
> funny to build it successfully and then not beeing able to install it
> on the same machine because of missing depends :P
>
> Anyway, I did: touch /var/lib/apk/installed, tried to install the
> package, it worked  (first threw me some squid unrelated depends,
> related to rsyslogd)... maybe the upgrade from previous ver to 2.4.6
> was fishy .. :P
>
> anyway, tried the apk on a fresh 2.4.6 install, works :)

Sounds like you had other "from commandline" installed package then.

Try "apk upgrade -a" to reset any package bindings you might've had
because of that.

- Timo