[alpine-devel] xen-with-spice

Reza Azami <azami@viratech.ir>
<51B49324.60907@viratech.ir>
Hi!
I am using Alpine 2.4.11 with xen now.
I want to use spice in xen instead of vnc. Is current xen kernel support
spice protocol?!

I read throw documents that I have to compile xen kernel to do this...

Thanks very much

<20130610091219.22b6e922@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<51B49324.60907@viratech.ir> (view parent)
On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 19:07:24 +0430
Reza Azami <azami@viratech.ir> wrote:

> Hi!
> I am using Alpine 2.4.11 with xen now.
> I want to use spice in xen instead of vnc. Is current xen kernel support
> spice protocol?!
>
> I read throw documents that I have to compile xen kernel to do this...
>
> Thanks very much

Hi,

I just added spice-dev to makedepends in xen. It look like something
linked against libspice-server.so.1 so it might be it works in xen-4.2.2-r3 (in edge).

Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@citrix.com>
<51B597F4.7040305@citrix.com>
On 09/06/13 16:37, Reza Azami wrote:
> Hi!
> I am using Alpine 2.4.11 with xen now.
> I want to use spice in xen instead of vnc. Is current xen kernel support
> spice protocol?!
>
> I read throw documents that I have to compile xen kernel to do this...

I'm afraid you will not be able to use Xen with spice, because Xen is
not currently capable of emulating the instructions needed by spice, see:

http://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=136923547818432

You will need to wait at least to 4.4 to support this feature.