~alpine/devel

Re: [alpine-devel] Can't build apk-tools

<1371489856.6397.140661244965361.6D282B28@webmail.messagingengine.com>
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 03:55:44PM +0200, Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 20:47:22 -0400
> Dubiousjim <lists+alpine-devel@jimpryor.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm a bit perplexed how to build apk-tools by hand, either using
> > aports/abuild, or using git://git.alpinelinux.org/apk-tools. Some months

> > but that didn't seem to be enough. I'd still get a bunch of linking
> > errors about "undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'".
>
> I would guess this comes from that your libc does not have SSP enabled
> and your gcc is hardened.

Yeah, that's a natural hypothesis. But I didn't custom build that
libc, it's straight from the edge/x86 repo. And indeed:

    $ nm -D /lib/libc.so | fgrep stack_chk
    0000bc15 T __stack_chk_fail

I'm guessing this shows that the libc has ssp, though perhaps I'm wrong.