[alpine-devel] JOBD alpine

<5219CA1D.4020002@gmail.com>
Hi there,

I am thinking of developing a JOBD system running alpine,
hw will include a 10Gb mellanox card ( that I have in stock ),
a somewhat good sata - scsi controller etc.
For a storage system.

I would like to also compile glusterfs on this.

Anybody with a conf that resembles the above ??
Any secrets there ??

Thanx

Regards
Harry.

Leonardo Arena <rnalrd@gmail.com>
<1377429197.3328.4.camel@hn63d3j>
In-Reply-To
<5219CA1D.4020002@gmail.com> (view parent)
Il giorno dom, 25/08/2013 alle 12.10 +0300, HL ha scritto:
> Hi there,
>
> I am thinking of developing a JOBD system running alpine,
> hw will include a 10Gb mellanox card ( that I have in stock ),
> a somewhat good sata - scsi controller etc.
> For a storage system.
>
> I would like to also compile glusterfs on this.

I've attempted to build glusterfs on alpine but uclibc it's missing some
library functions. The same apply to ceph. I think any DFS needs some
patching at least for compiling on uclibc.

- leo
<521C48A1.6050703@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1377429197.3328.4.camel@hn63d3j> (view parent)
On 25/08/2013 02:13 μμ, Leonardo Arena wrote:
> Il giorno dom, 25/08/2013 alle 12.10 +0300, HL ha scritto:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am thinking of developing a JOBD system running alpine,
>> hw will include a 10Gb mellanox card ( that I have in stock ),
>> a somewhat good sata - scsi controller etc.
>> For a storage system.
>>
>> I would like to also compile glusterfs on this.
>
> I've attempted to build glusterfs on alpine but uclibc it's missing some
> library functions. The same apply to ceph. I think any DFS needs some
> patching at least for compiling on uclibc.
>
> - leo
Has anybody seen and tried this for alpine ???
https://code.google.com/p/enterprise-storage-os/

Harry.