[alpine-devel] Please enable jpeg/png decoders on Python Imaging Library

Adelphe Rafanambinana <radelphe@gmail.com>
<CAF-+OzBx=abHehd9vECw9Ck0R9dhE9KQ0PbcxnUtye=hK6vFVQ@mail.gmail.com>
Hi there,

I installed py-imaging-1.1.7-r3.apk on a machine with Alpine Linux 2.4, and
the package got installed correctely (libjpeg and zlib are installed).
However, when I use PIL to manipulate JPEG image, I got the following
error: "IOError: decoder jpeg not available" (the same for PNG which has
decoder zip).
I think that this is caused by the settings in the defautlt setup.py file
for Python Imaging Library (Imaging-1.1.7/setup.py) which not support JPEG
and PNG, according to the following lines (line number 37-38):

JPEG_ROOT = None
ZLIB_ROOT = None
Would you please be able to enable those decoders on the setup file and
rebuild a new package?

FYI: I tried to compile the source file on my machine, bu I got an error
"/usr/lib/gcc/i486-alpine-linux-uclibc/4.6.3/include-fixed/limits.h:169:61:
fatal error: limits.h: No such file or directory", so I would prefer to get
the fix from upstream if possible.

Thank you,
ALR

[alpine-devel] Re: Please enable jpeg/png decoders on Python Imaging Library

<243104d1c7a5824674da77680e199dab@bsod.eu>
In-Reply-To
<CAF-+OzBx=abHehd9vECw9Ck0R9dhE9KQ0PbcxnUtye=hK6vFVQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Il 2013-09-01 11:07 Adelphe Rafanambinana ha scritto:
> Hi there,
>
> I installed py-imaging-1.1.7-r3.apk on a machine with Alpine Linux
> 2.4, and the package got installed correctely (libjpeg and zlib are
> installed).
> However, when I use PIL to manipulate JPEG image, I got the following
> error: "IOError: decoder jpeg not available" (the same for PNG which
> has decoder zip).
>  I think that this is caused by the settings in the defautlt
> setup.py file for Python Imaging Library (Imaging-1.1.7/setup.py)
> which not support JPEG and PNG, according to the following lines (line
> number 37-38):
>
> JPEG_ROOT = None
> ZLIB_ROOT = None
>
> Would you please be able to enable those decoders on the setup file
> and rebuild a new package?
>
> FYI: I tried to compile the source file on my machine, bu I got an
> error
> "/usr/lib/gcc/i486-alpine-linux-uclibc/4.6.3/include-fixed/limits.h:169:61:
> fatal error: limits.h: No such file or directory", so I would prefer
> to get the fix from upstream if possible.

It's fixed in py-imaging-1.1.7-r4.

Thanks for reporting!
Bye.

--