[alpine-devel] New aport: testing/tartarus

Leslie P. Polzer | PORT ZERO <polzer@port-zero.com>
<52723167.4070809@port-zero.com>
Attached is a new aport commit for packaging the Tartarus backup system.

Do take a look at the post-install file and let me know if that is
the desired way of letting the installing user know of optional deps.

Package granularity could be improved by having a separate subpackage
for the included non-essential Charon helper utility (which depends on Perl),
but right now it doesn't seem worth the bother since the chunk
splitting functionality of Tartarus also requires Perl. Plus my guess is
that Charon is wanted by the majority of Tartarus users anyway to remove
old backup files.

  Leslie

--
Dipl.Ing.(BA) Leslie P. Polzer | CTO - PORT ZERO
UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
"Leslie P. Polzer | PORT ZERO" <polzer@port-zero.com> wrote:

> Attached is a new aport commit for packaging the Tartarus backup system.
>
> Do take a look at the post-install file and let me know if that is
> the desired way of letting the installing user know of optional deps.

I'm ok with it. We should have some kind of notification system in apk
so you can give post install messages properly. I think what you do is
ok for now.

> Package granularity could be improved by having a separate subpackage
> for the included non-essential Charon helper utility (which depends on Perl),
> but right now it doesn't seem worth the bother since the chunk
> splitting functionality of Tartarus also requires Perl. Plus my guess is
> that Charon is wanted by the majority of Tartarus users anyway to remove
> old backup files.
>
>   Leslie

applied as is. Thanks!