[alpine-devel] syslinux 6 discussions on ArchLinux mailing lists

<20130705150557.GQ1550@zen>
For reference, here are links to some threads on Arch mailing lists
about Syslinux 6. May be useful.

https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2013-June/003224.html
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2013-June/025127.html
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2013-June/025129.html

--
Dubiousjim
dubiousjim@gmail.com

[alpine-devel] cryptsetup / mkinitfs mismatch

<20131201011714.GB1689@zen>
In-Reply-To
<20130705150557.GQ1550@zen> (view parent)
I just applied a backlog of upgrades to my laptop, which has an encrypted
root volume. I discovered that the initramfs that got created didn't
include all the libraries that cryptsetup needs, so I couldn't boot. I'm
not sure whether the correct fix is to:

1. Tell mkinitfs to install the additional libraries to the initramfs.
This can be done by adding the following line:

    /lib/libpthread*.so*

to the end of /etc/mkinitfs/files.d/cryptsetup.

Or:

2. Make cryptsetup build without depending on the threading library, as
I presume was the former behavior. I don't know whether this can be done
with current versions, or if it can, whether it's desirable.

--
Dubiousjim
dubiousjim@gmail.com

Re: [alpine-devel] cryptsetup / mkinitfs mismatch

<20131201013500.GC1689@zen>
In-Reply-To
<20131201011714.GB1689@zen> (view parent)
On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 08:17:14PM -0500, Dubiousjim wrote:
> I just applied a backlog of upgrades to my laptop, which has an encrypted
> root volume. I discovered that the initramfs that got created didn't
> include all the libraries that cryptsetup needs, so I couldn't boot. I'm
> not sure whether the correct fix is to:
>
> 1. Tell mkinitfs to install the additional libraries to the initramfs.
> This can be done by adding the following line:
>
>     /lib/libpthread*.so*
>
> to the end of /etc/mkinitfs/files.d/cryptsetup.
>
> Or:
>
> 2. Make cryptsetup build without depending on the threading library, as
> I presume was the former behavior. I don't know whether this can be done
> with current versions, or if it can, whether it's desirable.

I should have checked the bugtracker before emailing, but this wasn't
listed there. Bug #2360 (which has been fixed) is similar, but involves
a different missing dependency.

I added this as Issue #2445.

--
Dubiousjim