[alpine-devel] Bootable cross-build

Leslie P. Polzer | PORT ZERO <polzer@port-zero.com>
<52A0712A.6040002@port-zero.com>

any hints on how to create an ISO that is bootable
on another architecture?

  Leslie

--
Dipl.Ing.(BA) Leslie P. Polzer | CTO - PORT ZERO
UG (haftungsbeschränkt)

Leslie P. Polzer | PORT ZERO <polzer@port-zero.com>
<52B70CD4.7020309@port-zero.com>
In-Reply-To
<52A0712A.6040002@port-zero.com> (view parent)
On 12/05/2013 01:27 PM, Leslie P. Polzer | PORT ZERO wrote:

> any hints on how to create an ISO that is bootable
> on another architecture?

To answer my own question here:

It depends largely on the board. For example the RPI
requires a binary blob as part of the booting process,
along with a configuration text file and some other
stuff.

There's also a generic bootloader called Das Uboot
which can be adjusted to run on various boards.

  Leslie

--
Dipl.Ing.(BA) Leslie P. Polzer | CTO - PORT ZERO
UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Softwareentwicklung & IT Engineering
Adalbertstraße 7/8
10999 Berlin
Tel.: +49 (0)30 - 69 200 907 - 0
Fax: +49 (0)30 - 69 200 907 - 9
http://www.port-zero.com

Timo Teras <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<20131222194152.6f62ecba@vostro>
In-Reply-To
<52B70CD4.7020309@port-zero.com> (view parent)
On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 17:01:24 +0100
"Leslie P. Polzer | PORT ZERO" <polzer@port-zero.com> wrote:

> On 12/05/2013 01:27 PM, Leslie P. Polzer | PORT ZERO wrote:
>
> > any hints on how to create an ISO that is bootable
> > on another architecture?
>
> To answer my own question here:
>
> It depends largely on the board. For example the RPI
> requires a binary blob as part of the booting process,
> along with a configuration text file and some other
> stuff.
>
> There's also a generic bootloader called Das Uboot
> which can be adjusted to run on various boards.

Right. Sorry for missing the mail.

I have working script to create rpi images. I also have wandboard image
using uboot, but that is not scripted yet.

 - Timo