[alpine-devel] Alpine permission bug with lbu ?

<7c6d7d2274f04d3357a0e0cd26126f3c@tropicalsunset.net>
Hello Alpine team,

I'm using the lastest stable 2.7.8 ALpineLinux on embeded hardware (like
soekris).
On only use Alpine in ram and all is commited to a compact flash, like
in a normal router.
I'm a little confused to ask that but it seems i found something which
looks like a bug.

I installed the bind DNS server package, the perms are in /etc :

drwxr-x---    2 root     named          620 May 23  2014 bind

Now for a reason i need to have data sync into that dir i then change
the perms : to 775 mode , and of course lbu commit

After reboot the perms are again as installed.
I then tried to switch the
owner:group -> same
I tried to force a lbu add /etc/bind -> same problem.

I believe it can be done with every directory from a package in /etc.

Maybe it is a noob question or not.
Can you help me or is there a workaround ?

All regards for your great work.

Nicolas.

<20140523144941.59e217e1@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<7c6d7d2274f04d3357a0e0cd26126f3c@tropicalsunset.net> (view parent)
On Fri, 23 May 2014 14:32:06 +0200
"Nicolas S. " <lists@tropicalsunset.net> wrote:

> Hello Alpine team,
>
> I'm using the lastest stable 2.7.8 ALpineLinux on embeded hardware (like
> soekris).
> On only use Alpine in ram and all is commited to a compact flash, like
> in a normal router.
> I'm a little confused to ask that but it seems i found something which
> looks like a bug.
>
> I installed the bind DNS server package, the perms are in /etc :
>
> drwxr-x---    2 root     named          620 May 23  2014 bind
>
> Now for a reason i need to have data sync into that dir i then change
> the perms : to 775 mode , and of course lbu commit
>
> After reboot the perms are again as installed.
> I then tried to switch the
> owner:group -> same
> I tried to force a lbu add /etc/bind -> same problem.
>
> I believe it can be done with every directory from a package in /etc.

I think its apk-tools that "fixes" the permissions on the dirs when it
install the files.

> Maybe it is a noob question or not.
> Can you help me or is there a workaround ?

a quick and dirty workaround:

cat >/etc/local.d/bind-permissions.start<<EOF
#!/bin/sh
chmod 775 /etc/bind
EOF
chmod +x /etc/local.d/bind-permissions.start
rc-service add local

> All regards for your great work.
>
> Nicolas.
>

> ---
> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---

<2d953ef0f406e26dbaad71b07745a513@tropicalsunset.net>
In-Reply-To
<20140523144941.59e217e1@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
Thank you Natanael, it seems to work.
Maybe it can be a new feature for the apk-tools in the future.

Regards,

Le 2014-05-23 14:49, Natanael Copa a écrit :
> On Fri, 23 May 2014 14:32:06 +0200
> "Nicolas S. " <lists@tropicalsunset.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello Alpine team,
>>
>> I'm using the lastest stable 2.7.8 ALpineLinux on embeded hardware
>> (like
>> soekris).
>> On only use Alpine in ram and all is commited to a compact flash, like
>> in a normal router.
>> I'm a little confused to ask that but it seems i found something which
>> looks like a bug.
>>
>> I installed the bind DNS server package, the perms are in /etc :
>>
>> drwxr-x---    2 root     named          620 May 23  2014 bind
>>
>> Now for a reason i need to have data sync into that dir i then change
>> the perms : to 775 mode , and of course lbu commit
>>
>> After reboot the perms are again as installed.
>> I then tried to switch the
>> owner:group -> same
>> I tried to force a lbu add /etc/bind -> same problem.
>>
>> I believe it can be done with every directory from a package in /etc.
>
> I think its apk-tools that "fixes" the permissions on the dirs when it
> install the files.
>

>> Maybe it is a noob question or not.
>> Can you help me or is there a workaround ?
>
> a quick and dirty workaround:
>
> cat >/etc/local.d/bind-permissions.start<<EOF
> #!/bin/sh
> chmod 775 /etc/bind
> EOF
> chmod +x /etc/local.d/bind-permissions.start
> rc-service add local
>

>> All regards for your great work.
>>
>> Nicolas.
>>

>> ---
>> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
>> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
>> ---
>>

> ---
> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---

Timo Teräs <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<1400850958.17099.2.camel@Nokia-N900>
In-Reply-To
<2d953ef0f406e26dbaad71b07745a513@tropicalsunset.net> (view parent)
On Fri May 23 2014 04:05:03 PM EEST, Nicolas S.   <lists@tropicalsunset.net> wrote:

> Thank you Natanael, it seems to work.
> Maybe it can be a new feature for the apk-tools in the future.

Please file a bug. The permissions on overlay should override package ones. We have even code to include stuff in overlay if the only change is in permissions. This probably is regression caused by the code "merging" the directory permissions from different packages.

Thanks
Timo

<44c36451b25566d00b34ae7ad4d72b3c@tropicalsunset.net>
In-Reply-To