[alpine-devel] openvpn-easy-rsa missing from AlpineLinux

<CAPihp9=bs5jBgrx=X++M9oxy+q8j7yh0TFN=wyZseJDdEduE1g@mail.gmail.com>
any clue?

apk add openvpn-easy-rsa
WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e4ea7fb.tar.gz: No such file or directory
WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.2b6ad8a4.tar.gz: No such file or directory
ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  openvpn-easy-rsa (missing):
    required by: world[openvpn-easy-rsa]
Nathan Angelacos <nangel@alpinelinux.org>
<5385C830.2060202@alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<CAPihp9mZbrk5QKATcqQVvStD_k6t7t=JAszd0YEaV7XE--JM8Q@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On 05/28/2014 03:42 AM, masoom alam wrote:
> I cannot find it in mine.
>
> apk search rsa
> WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e4ea7fb.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.2b6ad8a4.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e009a3b.tar.gz: No such file or directory
>
> Actually, I am trying to follow the DMVPN howto given on the alpine WIKI
> and stuck in the Openvpn STEP. I am using 2.7.7 alpine linux 64 bit.
> The following command gives an error:

If you are trying to set up DMVPN, OpenVPN is not _required_.  You could
skip that step.

Alternatively, you can install the ACF (web) interface to build
certificates:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Generating_SSL_certs_with_ACF

> I was thinking to gerenate these files on Ubuntu and then move them in
> the alpine linux, but then I am stuck by the lbu commit command. I
> cannot save my configurations to USB, or any other media. How can I make
> my configurations permanent. I specified the Backup_dir and it has
> created a apok...tar.gz file by issuing the lbu commit, how to tell the
> alpine to use this configuration when boot up again.

Are you booting from USB?  if so, try:

LBU_MEDIA=usb

instead of BACKUP_DIR

Carlo Landmeter <clandmeter@gmail.com>
<CA+cSEmPnH8oLiM7nMGbLJo+PUrMtVfUbfXHeZiLgxH6+=E5LAQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAPihp9=bs5jBgrx=X++M9oxy+q8j7yh0TFN=wyZseJDdEduE1g@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM, masoom alam <masoom.alam@gmail.com> wrote:

> any clue?
>
> apk add openvpn-easy-rsa
> WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e4ea7fb.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.2b6ad8a4.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
>   openvpn-easy-rsa (missing):
>     required by: world[openvpn-easy-rsa]

Works for me on edge.

apk search rsa
easy-rsa-2.2.2-r0
<20140528090805.4aee4796@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<CAPihp9=bs5jBgrx=X++M9oxy+q8j7yh0TFN=wyZseJDdEduE1g@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Wed, 28 May 2014 11:04:11 +0500
masoom alam <masoom.alam@gmail.com> wrote:

> any clue?
>
> apk add openvpn-easy-rsa
> WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e4ea7fb.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.2b6ad8a4.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
>   openvpn-easy-rsa (missing):
>     required by: world[openvpn-easy-rsa]

What alpine version?

IIRC it used to be shipped with openvpn, but then splitted out. So
previously it was named 'openvpn-easy-rsa', and now its only 'easy-rsa'.

Hm... seems easy-rsa is still in testing. We should probably move it to
main and maybe even backport it to v2.7?

<CAPihp9mZbrk5QKATcqQVvStD_k6t7t=JAszd0YEaV7XE--JM8Q@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20140528090805.4aee4796@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
I cannot find it in mine.

apk search rsa
WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e4ea7fb.tar.gz: No such file or directory
WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.2b6ad8a4.tar.gz: No such file or directory
WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e009a3b.tar.gz: No such file or directory

Actually, I am trying to follow the DMVPN howto given on the alpine WIKI
and stuck in the Openvpn STEP. I am using 2.7.7 alpine linux 64 bit.
The following command gives an error:

vpnc:~# openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf
Options error: --ca fails with '/etc/openvpn/cacert.pem': No such file or
directory
Options error: --cert fails with '/etc/openvpn/servercert.pem': No such
file or directory
Options error: --key fails with '/etc/openvpn/serverkey.pem': No such file
or directory
Options error: --crl-verify fails with '/etc/openvpn/crl.pem': No such file
or directory
Options error: Please correct these errors.
Use --help for more information.

I was thinking to gerenate these files on Ubuntu and then move them in the
alpine linux, but then I am stuck by the lbu commit command. I cannot save
my configurations to USB, or any other media. How can I make my
configurations permanent. I specified the Backup_dir and it has created a
apok...tar.gz file by issuing the lbu commit, how to tell the alpine to use
this configuration when boot up again.

Thanks.

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org>wrote:

> On Wed, 28 May 2014 11:04:11 +0500
> masoom alam <masoom.alam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > any clue?
> >
> > apk add openvpn-easy-rsa
> > WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.6e4ea7fb.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> > WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.2b6ad8a4.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> > ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
> >   openvpn-easy-rsa (missing):
> >     required by: world[openvpn-easy-rsa]
>
> What alpine version?
>
> IIRC it used to be shipped with openvpn, but then splitted out. So
> previously it was named 'openvpn-easy-rsa', and now its only 'easy-rsa'.
>
> Hm... seems easy-rsa is still in testing. We should probably move it to
> main and maybe even backport it to v2.7?
>

> -nc

Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)