[alpine-devel] Alpine 3.0.0 release candidate 3

<20140529163016.40181fc4@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>

I have tagged 3.0.0_rc3.

Unless there are some serious issues with it, I think I'll just ship
3.0.0 tomorrow.

It would be nice to hear if someone was able to install it on physical
hardware.

Thanks!

Max R.D. Parmer <maxp@trystero.is>
<54523371-6884-473d-bc78-baafdc4764c1@email.android.com>
In-Reply-To
<20140529163016.40181fc4@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
I didn't do a clean install but upgraded a Soekris NET6501 system up to rc3 via APK last night. No apparent issues except dnsmasq and fail2ban but didn't come up as per usual but succeeded when manually started.

Will experiment more with fail2ban.

<a355bc60ff55c60953814ee4e20b3f8f@tropicalsunset.net>
In-Reply-To
<20140529163016.40181fc4@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
Hi Natanael,

I validated the Alpine 3.0.0 rc3 with a fresh install on a Alix 2d3
routeur.
Works perfectly too by importing a 2.7 apkovl.

Regards,

Yves Schumann <yves@eisfair.org>
<20140530075948.7FC804266D@mail.nettworks.org>
In-Reply-To
<20140529163016.40181fc4@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
Hi Natanael

Am 29.05.2014 16:30, schrieb Natanael Copa:
> I have tagged 3.0.0_rc3.
>
> Unless there are some serious issues with it, I think I'll just ship
> 3.0.0 tomorrow.
>
> It would be nice to hear if someone was able to install it on physical
> hardware.

Installation of RC3 on VMware Workstation VM and on an Acer Aspire One
works now and the boot issue reported for RC2 went away. Great job! :-)

Kind regards,
Yves
<20140530114318.3d7e371d@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<54523371-6884-473d-bc78-baafdc4764c1@email.android.com> (view parent)
On Thu, 29 May 2014 13:27:48 -0700
"Max R.D. Parmer" <maxp@trystero.is> wrote:

> I didn't do a clean install but upgraded a Soekris NET6501 system up to rc3 via APK last night. No apparent issues except dnsmasq and fail2ban but didn't come up as per usual but succeeded when manually started.

It could be that /var/run/<piddir> directory was missing and not
created at boot. If so, could you please file a bug on
bugs.alpinelinux.org with some more specific details?

thanks!

-nc

> Will experiment more with fail2ban.
>
> On May 29, 2014 7:30:16 AM PDT, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have tagged 3.0.0_rc3.
> >
> >Unless there are some serious issues with it, I think I'll just ship
> >3.0.0 tomorrow.
> >
> >It would be nice to hear if someone was able to install it on physical
> >hardware.
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >-nc
> >

> >---
> >Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> >Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> >---

<20140530114353.749ab704@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<a355bc60ff55c60953814ee4e20b3f8f@tropicalsunset.net> (view parent)
On Fri, 30 May 2014 09:25:17 +0200
"Nicolas S. " <lists@tropicalsunset.net> wrote:

> Hi Natanael,
>
> I validated the Alpine 3.0.0 rc3 with a fresh install on a Alix 2d3
> routeur.
> Works perfectly too by importing a 2.7 apkovl.

good! thanks for feedback!

-nc

> Regards,
>

> Le 2014-05-29 16:30, Natanael Copa a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have tagged 3.0.0_rc3.
> >
> > Unless there are some serious issues with it, I think I'll just ship
> > 3.0.0 tomorrow.
> >
> > It would be nice to hear if someone was able to install it on physical
> > hardware.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > -nc
> >

> > ---
> > Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> > Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> > ---

<20140530114424.079b18fa@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<20140530075948.7FC804266D@mail.nettworks.org> (view parent)
On Fri, 30 May 2014 09:58:48 +0200
"Yves Schumann" <yves@eisfair.org> wrote:

> Hi Natanael
>
> Am 29.05.2014 16:30, schrieb Natanael Copa:
> > I have tagged 3.0.0_rc3.
> >
> > Unless there are some serious issues with it, I think I'll just ship
> > 3.0.0 tomorrow.
> >
> > It would be nice to hear if someone was able to install it on physical
> > hardware.
>
> Installation of RC3 on VMware Workstation VM and on an Acer Aspire One
> works now and the boot issue reported for RC2 went away. Great job! :-)
>
> Kind regards,
> Yves

Very well! thanks for reporting back!

-nc
Nathan Angelacos <nangel@alpinelinux.org>
<538BBD0C.5090905@alpinelinux.org>
On 05/29/2014 10:30 AM, Natanael Copa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tagged 3.0.0_rc3.

Tried RC_4 with a dmvpn setup, something's up with GRE

v1.4.21: unknown protocol "gre" specified
Error occurred at line: 141

Line 141 is:   [0:0] -A INPUT -i eth0 -p gre -m policy --dir in --pol
ipsec -j ACCEPT

And

line 2: invalid upper layer protocol at [gre]

Line 2 is: spdadd 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 gre -P out   ipsec
esp/transport//require;

I tried loading any netfilter modules that included "gre" in the name,
but still no joy.

Timo Teras <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<20140602080911.77a7fe84@vostro>
In-Reply-To
<538BBD0C.5090905@alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 19:53:48 -0400
Nathan Angelacos <nangel@alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> On 05/29/2014 10:30 AM, Natanael Copa wrote:
> > I have tagged 3.0.0_rc3.
>
> Tried RC_4 with a dmvpn setup, something's up with GRE

> v1.4.21: unknown protocol "gre" specified
> Error occurred at line: 141
>
> Line 141 is:   [0:0] -A INPUT -i eth0 -p gre -m policy --dir in --pol
> ipsec -j ACCEPT
>
> And

> line 2: invalid upper layer protocol at [gre]
>
> Line 2 is: spdadd 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 gre -P out   ipsec
> esp/transport//require;
>
> I tried loading any netfilter modules that included "gre" in the
> name, but still no joy.

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a musl getprotobyname() issue. I
will look at it.

I have not bothered testing dmvpn yet, since the kernel is known to be
broken too. The fixes made it to 3.14.5, so we should be able to fix
things on that part for next release.

-Timo