[alpine-devel] libc-dev / Forcible removal of package

Leslie P. Polzer | PORT ZERO <polzer@port-zero.com>
<53ABD0C1.6080100@port-zero.com>
Hi folks,

excellent work with the musl port!

After upgrading to latest edge I have the following issue:

% sudo /sbin/apk fix
(1/1) [APK unavailable, skipped] Reinstalling libc-dev (0.5-r0)
1 errors; 1871 MiB in 370 packages

I'm not sure whether libc-dev is still meant to be in world.
apk also shows that it is an empty package.

In an attempt to get rid of this empty package I tried to forcibly
remove it, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do that.
I guess this is by design?

Thanks,

  Leslie

--
Dipl.Ing.(BA) Leslie P. Polzer | CTO - PORT ZERO
UG (haftungsbeschränkt)

<20140626113711.7744515c@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<53ABD0C1.6080100@port-zero.com> (view parent)
On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:50:25 +0200
"Leslie P. Polzer | PORT ZERO" <polzer@port-zero.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> excellent work with the musl port!
>
> After upgrading to latest edge I have the following issue:
>
> % sudo /sbin/apk fix
> (1/1) [APK unavailable, skipped] Reinstalling libc-dev (0.5-r0)
> 1 errors; 1871 MiB in 370 packages
>
> I'm not sure whether libc-dev is still meant to be in world.
> apk also shows that it is an empty package.
>
> In an attempt to get rid of this empty package I tried to forcibly
> remove it, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do that.
> I guess this is by design?
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Leslie

What happens when you do apk del libc-dev?

iirc the libc-dev is a meta package that is uspposed to pull in the correct libc headers so we don't need do:

if [ "$CLIBC" = musl ]; then depends="$depends musl-dev" ...

Leslie P. Polzer | PORT ZERO <polzer@port-zero.com>
<53B11182.4070906@port-zero.com>
In-Reply-To
<20140626113711.7744515c@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
On 06/26/2014 11:37 AM, Natanael Copa wrote:

> What happens when you do apk del libc-dev?

It appears I have some deps that need it:

% sudo /sbin/apk del libc-dev
World updated, but the following packages are not removed due to:
  libc-dev: g++ build-base alpine-sdk g++-i486-alpine-linux-musl g++-armv6-alpine-linux-muslgnueabihf

1 errors; 1871 MiB in 370 packages

The latter two are clearly packages I compiled myself. It is to be suspected
that I also built the others myself. But it is not clear to me why g++, build-base and
alpine-sdk haven't been upgraded. Or do current packages still refer to libc-dev?

Thanks for clarifying,

  Leslie