[alpine-devel] [Alpine 3.x] libusbx vs. libusb

<54064D60.2080107@arcor.de>
According to http://libusbx.org/ :

"*libusbx* _was_ a fork of *libusb* <http://libusb.info>, a library that
provides generic access to USB devices.
As of 2014.01.26, this project has been fully merged back into *libusb*
<http://libusb.info> and is being discontinued.
Since there will be no further releases of *libusbx*, you are strongly
encouraged to switch to using *libusb* <http://libusb.info>."

For the purpose of developing a packages using libusb*, I'd like to
know, if Alpine is going to migrate back to libusb replacing the
obsolete libusbx?

Regards, Tiger
<20140903101137.19210860@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<54064D60.2080107@arcor.de> (view parent)
On Wed, 03 Sep 2014 01:06:08 +0200
Der Tiger <der.tiger.alpine@arcor.de> wrote:

> According to http://libusbx.org/ :
>
> "*libusbx* _was_ a fork of *libusb* <http://libusb.info>, a library that
> provides generic access to USB devices.
> As of 2014.01.26, this project has been fully merged back into *libusb*
> <http://libusb.info> and is being discontinued.
> Since there will be no further releases of *libusbx*, you are strongly
> encouraged to switch to using *libusb* <http://libusb.info>."
>
> For the purpose of developing a packages using libusb*, I'd like to
> know, if Alpine is going to migrate back to libusb replacing the
> obsolete libusbx?

Yes, I think we will have to switch back to libusb.

Thanks!