[alpine-devel] Additional mirrors needed?

Simon Tretter <simon@tretter.net>
<54FB0F65.30609@tretter.net>

Nathan Angelacos <nangel@alpinelinux.org>
<54FB8FBC.6090101@alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<54FB0F65.30609@tretter.net> (view parent)
On 03/07/2015 09:47 AM, Simon Tretter wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am new to this list and Alpine Linux but eager to help out in any
> way. Is there a need for a mirror? I can offer US westcoast and Germany.
>
> Regards
> Simon

Mmm... turn down free disk space and bandwidth? Is that a question? :)

So far the general practice has been people  just "set up mirrors" and
then inform the list that its up. There's some basic instructions here:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/How_to_setup_a_Alpine_Linux_mirror

Most of our mirrors are in US, with one in West Coast IIRC.  I don't
know of any DE, although we have some presence in Netherlands.

Right now we have only one instance of "ancient.a.o" - which is all the
old stuff back to 1.1 - Currently its 85.8GB, but we'll be moving
releases 2.3-2.7 there, which would about double that space requirement.
  Don't know if you have 200GB disk space free for a low-bandwidth
mirror, but I am currently looking for another public mirror of all the
old stuff.   Ancient doesn't have rsync running on it atm.   If you are
interested hosting it, drop me a note we'll get everything set up so you
can follow the standard procedure.

And welcome to the list!