[alpine-devel] Alpine 3.2.0 rc2 released

<20150507220731.7a424b5c@ncopa-laptop>

Alpine 3.2.0 rc2 is released.

Notable changes since rc1:
- 3.18.13-grsec kernel
- setup-interfaces fixed

As mentioned earlier, it would be nice if we could have full focus on
fixing known issues and testing.

Thanks!

Jeff Bilyk <jbilyk@gmail.com>
<CAHwjr37=+m7aVLOEYNE0=0N8Y5nw2QyT-nF+f36K2Z7pP7jriQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20150507220731.7a424b5c@ncopa-laptop> (view parent)
Not sure if this is a regression or known bug, but on a fresh rc2 system, I
cannot install a locally compiled package that's not signed using the
alpine keys.  If I try to add with just apk add <filename>.apk, I get
(expected behaviour):

ERROR: You tried to add a non-repository package to system, but it would be
lost on next reboot. Enable package caching (apk cache --help) or use
--force if you know what you are doing.

If I use apk add <filename>.apk --force, I receive (expected error):

ERROR: /media/usb/bsn-setup-9.36-r0.apk: UNTRUSTED signature

If I also use the --allow-untrusted flag:

(none):~# apk add /media/usb/setup-9.36-r0.apk --force --allow-untrusted
OK: 6 MiB in 16 packages

That results in no files installed to the system.  The package contents are
a few bash scripts to set up an LXC host and configure the system.

In an unrelated bug, seems like the syslog service is stopped on boot with
rc2.

--
Jeff
Timo Teras <timo.teras@iki.fi>

Sounds like http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/4064

On Thu, 7 May 2015 16:56:35 -0400
Jeff Bilyk <jbilyk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure if this is a regression or known bug, but on a fresh rc2
> system, I cannot install a locally compiled package that's not signed
> using the alpine keys.  If I try to add with just apk add
> <filename>.apk, I get (expected behaviour):
>
> ERROR: You tried to add a non-repository package to system, but it
> would be lost on next reboot. Enable package caching (apk cache
> --help) or use --force if you know what you are doing.
>
> If I use apk add <filename>.apk --force, I receive (expected error):
>
> ERROR: /media/usb/bsn-setup-9.36-r0.apk: UNTRUSTED signature
>
> If I also use the --allow-untrusted flag:
>
> (none):~# apk add /media/usb/setup-9.36-r0.apk --force
> --allow-untrusted OK: 6 MiB in 16 packages
>
> That results in no files installed to the system.  The package
> contents are a few bash scripts to set up an LXC host and configure
> the system.
>
> In an unrelated bug, seems like the syslog service is stopped on boot
> with rc2.
>

> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Alpine 3.2.0 rc2 is released.
> >
> > Notable changes since rc1:
> > - 3.18.13-grsec kernel
> > - setup-interfaces fixed
> >
> > As mentioned earlier, it would be nice if we could have full focus
> > on fixing known issues and testing.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > -nc
> >

> > ---
> > Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> > Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> > ---

Jeff Bilyk <jbilyk@gmail.com>
<CAHwjr35Ay3TY-y1PRXJjzQBSfFU5HU5B-R+1UZSXDa=rWzkZOg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20150508075837.7821ec40@vostro> (view parent)
On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 12:58 AM, Timo Teras <timo.teras@iki.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sounds like http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/4064

In the case of the package I'm trying to install, it does depend on lua
(which I had forgotten about), which isn't available in the rc2 iso, but is
from the full iso.  If the same process is tried from a full edge iso with
the latest version of apk-tools, the install should work?

--
Jeff
Jeff Bilyk <jbilyk@gmail.com>
On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 8:43 AM, Jeff Bilyk <jbilyk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 12:58 AM, Timo Teras <timo.teras@iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sounds like http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/4064
>

> In the case of the package I'm trying to install, it does depend on lua
> (which I had forgotten about), which isn't available in the rc2 iso, but is
> from the full iso.  If the same process is tried from a full edge iso with
> the latest version of apk-tools, the install should work?

Answered my own question by creating a new full edge iso and tested this.
Once lua is in the iso's apk folder, then this works.

--
Jeff
<20150508104758.239b223b@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<CAHwjr37=+m7aVLOEYNE0=0N8Y5nw2QyT-nF+f36K2Z7pP7jriQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Thu, 7 May 2015 16:56:35 -0400
Jeff Bilyk <jbilyk@gmail.com> wrote:

> In an unrelated bug, seems like the syslog service is stopped on boot with
> rc2.

And hostname is not set to localhost but to '(none)'. It seems that the
'boot' runlevel is not pulled in when switching to 'default'.

I wonder if this is a bug or new feature in openrc...

<CAEuRe+1AFc=49NX7xha63XmMGH9vP+2iixCdBaaGWAnSEy+veA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20150507220731.7a424b5c@ncopa-laptop> (view parent)
( Sorry if you get this twice, I think I forgot to "reply to all" )

I haven't had a chance to try the RC but the last time I checked, the
xf86-video-vesa and xf86-video-fbdev drivers would not work for me in edge:

fbdev:
  Assertion failed: key->initialized (../include/privates.h:
dixGetPrivateAddr: 122)

vesa:
  (EE) VESA(0): Cannot read int vect

Has anyone tried these lately?

Leonardo Arena <rnalrd@gmail.com>
<CAGG_d8DsksRmrjfvg-U52L=4tm0jqrcdb0cLMUof8KwYDqUuKw@mail.gmail.com>
On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 10:07 PM, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Alpine 3.2.0 rc2 is released.

I've upgraded a DELL Latitude E5510 from 3.1. Udev did not startup
automatically after upgrade, but everything else looks to work just fine.

Thanks!
<20150515135014.65b8e7bf@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<CAGG_d8DsksRmrjfvg-U52L=4tm0jqrcdb0cLMUof8KwYDqUuKw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Thu, 14 May 2015 10:19:24 +0200
Leonardo Arena <rnalrd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 10:07 PM, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Alpine 3.2.0 rc2 is released.
> >

> I've upgraded a DELL Latitude E5510 from 3.1. Udev did not startup
> automatically after upgrade, but everything else looks to work just fine.
>
> Thanks!

It might be related this:
https://github.com/OpenRC/openrc/issues/54

which will be fixed in rc3.