[alpine-devel] Kernel parameter for Xen

<CAFivhPnb7s6F6dgc6t1OvHxU+30fOmkhL-M6HUiXz=4BEbvWMg@mail.gmail.com>

would it be possible to enable a kernel option for Xen?
It's probably called XEN_BALLOON_MEMORY_HOTPLUG, looking at the config I
see it is apparently not enabled.

# CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG is not set

It appears that with that setting not defined one loses a chunk of dom0
memory that is otherwise available. In my case it seems to be around 1GB ;)

Florian

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all xen
features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and copied by
Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> would it be possible to enable a kernel option for Xen?
> It's probably called XEN_BALLOON_MEMORY_HOTPLUG, looking at the config I
> see it is apparently not enabled.
>
> # CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG is not set
>
> It appears that with that setting not defined one loses a chunk of dom0
> memory that is otherwise available. In my case it seems to be around 1GB ;)
>
> Florian

I suppose this is only needed for x86_64?

We need check if it works together with grsecurity and pax and what the
price for this option is. (slower? more memory consumption?)