[alpine-devel] (#4887) do I need to provide a patch for the kernel configuration?

<20151121192652.GX26951@example.net>
Hello,

I would like to make my point heard, the Alpine kernel is built without
certain functionality which is both important and inexpensive to provide.

The coda.ko kernel module for Debian's 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel
weighs 36416 bytes. This is about .00012 (1/8500) of the size
of the Alpine installation ISO.

I assume this not a case of a misdirected optimization but rather an
omission, merely because Coda is not widely known/understood.

I was pleasantly impressed by Alpine's compactness and ease of
installation. That's why I am speaking here, to make it usable for me
and others as-is, without rebuilding.

The omission as reported in the issue 4887 is very cheap/easy to fix,
a one-line change in the kernel configuration. What can I do to make
this happen?

Regards,
Rune

[alpine-devel] Thanks (#4887, Coda fs)

<20151124112214.GI26951@example.net>
In-Reply-To
<20151121192652.GX26951@example.net> (view parent)
On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 08:26:52PM +0100, u-ztsd@aetey.se wrote:
> I was pleasantly impressed by Alpine's compactness and ease of
> installation. That's why I am speaking here, to make it usable for me
> and others as-is, without rebuilding.

Thanks Natanael for the fix, appreciated!

Regards,
Rune