[alpine-devel] Default ssh on Alpine

<CAJDAfTAd8SF-STixr_G1YxC-o9t6zv0tj7CDufmxPu4gkBtw=g@mail.gmail.com>
In the past the default ssh client on the alpine installation was
dropbear. Now I installed Alpine through the iso on another computer
and I noticed that changed to openssh.
Why did this happen? I think dropbear was okay as the default.

Ciao.

Leonardo Arena <rnalrd@gmail.com>
<CAGG_d8CZ-5sAg-14OSSHYDGzxLkBRyq=yRFXcxn_f=QQPBqfTg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAJDAfTAd8SF-STixr_G1YxC-o9t6zv0tj7CDufmxPu4gkBtw=g@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Il 20/gen/2016 17:42, "Alba Pompeo" <albapompeo@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> In the past the default ssh client on the alpine installation was
> dropbear. Now I installed Alpine through the iso on another computer
> and I noticed that changed to openssh.
> Why did this happen? I think dropbear was okay as the default.
>
> Ciao.
>

> ---
> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---

Not sure about releases earlier than 2.x, but since then it has been the
default.

leo
--
Sent from unknown device with microscopic keyboard. Please excuse the
brevity, ForMattinG and tyopos
In-Reply-To
<CAJDAfTAd8SF-STixr_G1YxC-o9t6zv0tj7CDufmxPu4gkBtw=g@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Tinyssh
<http://it-offshore.co.uk/linux/alpine-linux/52-alpine-linux-tinyssh-secure-by-default>
is nice & small (& in testing) - I use it in LXC containers instead of
dropbear.

Stuart.

On 01/20/2016 04:42 PM, Alba Pompeo wrote:
> In the past the default ssh client on the alpine installation was
> dropbear. Now I installed Alpine through the iso on another computer
> and I noticed that changed to openssh.
> Why did this happen? I think dropbear was okay as the default.
>
> Ciao.
>

> ---
> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---

Kevin Chadwick <m8il1ists@gmail.com>
<20160121154445.1b294fa8@expedite.oesys.co>
In-Reply-To
<56A017A6.2050208@it-offshore.co.uk> (view parent)
> Tinyssh
> <http://it-offshore.co.uk/linux/alpine-linux/52-alpine-linux-tinyssh-secure-by-default>
> is nice & small (& in testing) - I use it in LXC containers instead of
> dropbear.

Why? to save a little memory.

I just switched from connectbot to openssh on android via termux and
I'm SOOOO glad.

Personally I'd *always* prefer the mainstead openssh but could always
install if need be. Do dropbear or tinyssh support the latest lean
protocols like poly1305 and secure ecdsa like ed25519?

--

KISSIS - Keep It Simple So It's Securable