[alpine-devel] Download page tooltips are wrong

<CAJDAfTBVg1Xq6oU+McF=9XbwZUPozQ4dhYfB=6wRak=OzCQAKA@mail.gmail.com>
The .iso were changed, but the tooltips weren't, so all of them are
incorrect now.
In this image I show one of them --- http://oi66.tinypic.com/2ldugig.jpg
But all others are also either wrong or don't exist.

Ciao.

[alpine-devel] Re: Download page tooltips are wrong

<CAJDAfTB8PxHafQwdMh+dUEVdUc1dz-O2c9ty8b4MnQyPuz7G5Q@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAJDAfTBVg1Xq6oU+McF=9XbwZUPozQ4dhYfB=6wRak=OzCQAKA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
It' still wrong after the new 3.3.1 release...

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:
> The .iso were changed, but the tooltips weren't, so all of them are
> incorrect now.
> In this image I show one of them --- http://oi66.tinypic.com/2ldugig.jpg
> But all others are also either wrong or don't exist.
>
> Ciao.

Re: [alpine-devel] Re: Download page tooltips are wrong

<20160120224357.656d0dfc@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<CAJDAfTB8PxHafQwdMh+dUEVdUc1dz-O2c9ty8b4MnQyPuz7G5Q@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
will fix whenever I get time...

-nc

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 15:39:15 -0200

<20160121161444.000c09d1@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<CAJDAfTB8PxHafQwdMh+dUEVdUc1dz-O2c9ty8b4MnQyPuz7G5Q@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
The download page could have use of a refresh.

Any ideas on how to improve the downlaods page?

We group the images by architecture or by flavor?

Do we display all on the same page or we have some kind of
selector/drop-down box)?

Currently we only have detailed description when you hover the link,
but I think this is not enough. Where how do we preset the longer
description of the different flavors?

I think we want avoid javascript if possible to keep things simple.

Other good ideas on how to present the various download options to
reduce confusion?

-nc

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 15:39:15 -0200
Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:

> It' still wrong after the new 3.3.1 release...
>
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The .iso were changed, but the tooltips weren't, so all of them are
> > incorrect now.
> > In this image I show one of them --- http://oi66.tinypic.com/2ldugig.jpg
> > But all others are also either wrong or don't exist.
> >
> > Ciao.
>

> ---
> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---

Re: [alpine-devel] Re: Download page tooltips are wrong

<CAJDAfTA0HXKxBcXZJ24Oym9G1oXB4Pxy7KOkER2JzCYFagfZsA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20160121161444.000c09d1@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
First, I agree completely in avoiding javascript. I even disable it
entirely on my browser. Javascript goes agains Alpine ideals I think
:)

I think to group images by flavor is the best. And make the standard
ISOs more prominent. Those are what everyone is looking for, most of
the time.

Don't know about displaying them all on the same page or using a
collapsable boxes (pure CSS). As there are just a few ISOs maybe
there's no need for drop-down box.

For the description, I don't know. Maybe it will make the page more
cluttured if it isn't just the tool-tips?

Let's see what everyone thinks and get more ideas.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org> wrote:
> The download page could have use of a refresh.
>
> Any ideas on how to improve the downlaods page?
>
> We group the images by architecture or by flavor?
>
> Do we display all on the same page or we have some kind of
> selector/drop-down box)?
>
> Currently we only have detailed description when you hover the link,
> but I think this is not enough. Where how do we preset the longer
> description of the different flavors?
>
> I think we want avoid javascript if possible to keep things simple.
>
> Other good ideas on how to present the various download options to
> reduce confusion?
>
> -nc
>
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 15:39:15 -0200
> Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It' still wrong after the new 3.3.1 release...
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > The .iso were changed, but the tooltips weren't, so all of them are
>> > incorrect now.
>> > In this image I show one of them --- http://oi66.tinypic.com/2ldugig.jpg
>> > But all others are also either wrong or don't exist.
>> >
>> > Ciao.
>>

>> ---
>> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
>> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
>> ---

Re: [alpine-devel] Re: Download page tooltips are wrong

Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@gmail.com>
<20160126023729.GA22597@newbook>
In-Reply-To
<CAJDAfTA0HXKxBcXZJ24Oym9G1oXB4Pxy7KOkER2JzCYFagfZsA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:54:53AM -0200, Alba Pompeo wrote:
> First, I agree completely in avoiding javascript. I even disable it
> entirely on my browser. Javascript goes agains Alpine ideals I think
> :)
>
> I think to group images by flavor is the best. And make the standard
> ISOs more prominent. Those are what everyone is looking for, most of
> the time.
>
> Don't know about displaying them all on the same page or using a
> collapsable boxes (pure CSS). As there are just a few ISOs maybe
> there's no need for drop-down box.
>
> For the description, I don't know. Maybe it will make the page more
> cluttured if it isn't just the tool-tips?

I'd think that if you have images grouped by flavor, it might make sense
to have the flavor description either in less prominent text (above or
below the flavor group), or else in a footnote.

Of the versions that are available now, it would be nice to give
descriptions for what's in 'standard', 'extended', 'vanilla', and 'xen'.
(Personally, I'd wish for more than tooltips: I use links.)
Specifically: are they kernel.org or grsec-based, are they minimal
or less minimal, and *what* makes them less minimal.

It would also be nice to have some notice that these are for liveCDs,
but installable, are strictly text-mode, and had isohybrid run on them.

For example:
All ISOs are isohybrid images that can be run live and used for installation.
None of these are graphical.

Standard: a minimal grsec-based CD

Extended: Has loads of extra networking tools and some other utilities.

Xen: A minimal grsec-based CD that you can use as a Xen dom0

Vanilla: Minimal, but with vanilla Linux instead of grsec.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham