[alpine-devel] bridge utils in Alpine Linux

<CA+3OdkPc2Fn1m3Og8dbnkVcOej+mJMcFoU3_iUEnbJC7Zdpp8A@mail.gmail.com>
Hello, great Distro.

I've found an small issue, maybe not an issue or I am doing something wrong.
Installed Alpine Linux latest as a small firewall, and I am using brctl
alot also having some scripts that rely on brctl showmacs command.
Now, brctl in Alpine Linux is provided by busybox. Issue with that brctl is
it's quite minimal and lacks showmacs command.
Bridge-utils package looks like a dummy package (provides no brctl) and the
source fails to compile to me because of musl.
Any ideas? Thank you
Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@gmail.com>
<20160131024538.GA2719@newbook>
In-Reply-To
<CA+3OdkPc2Fn1m3Og8dbnkVcOej+mJMcFoU3_iUEnbJC7Zdpp8A@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 09:19:44PM +0000, Paul Roland wrote:
> Hello, great Distro.
>
> I've found an small issue, maybe not an issue or I am doing something wrong.
> Installed Alpine Linux latest as a small firewall, and I am using brctl
> alot also having some scripts that rely on brctl showmacs command.
> Now, brctl in Alpine Linux is provided by busybox. Issue with that brctl is
> it's quite minimal and lacks showmacs command.
> Bridge-utils package looks like a dummy package (provides no brctl) and the
> source fails to compile to me because of musl.
> Any ideas? Thank you

Check alpine-aports, if you're too impatient to wait for the fix to get
committed.

It was failing to compile because of a few missing headers
(missing sys/types.h and sys/time.h); I also corrected sys/fcntl.h and
sys/errno.h to the POSIX fcntl.h and errno.h.

HTH,
Isaac Dunham