[alpine-devel] Firefox traps mouse pointer

<CAJDAfTDcC0RLKHahSOCff7ERuNSztLTLesiVQDC2uez2zwut6Q@mail.gmail.com>
Hi, Alpine.

I update Firefox to version 45 and now I face an horrible issue.
>From time to time, firefox will trap my mouse pointer, causing the following:
- mouse doesn't work on terminal emulator
- inside firefox, right-click doesn't work
- inside firefox, clicking on Open/Save links when downloading a file
doesn't work
This is a very weird behavior that happens all the time, but that I
don't know how to debug. Running firefox from the terminal and waiting
for it doesn't give much clues.
Can someone help me?

Ciao.

[alpine-devel] Re: Firefox traps mouse pointer

<CAJDAfTDA9cQmpPBcThpgXu1Mz7GpL88KYTMfx33z6mfeTsjLAQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAJDAfTDcC0RLKHahSOCff7ERuNSztLTLesiVQDC2uez2zwut6Q@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
After further tests I discovered this doesn't happen only with
Firefox, but also with Libreoffice.
This makes me believe it's a general Xorg issue.
How can I debug this?

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Alpine.
>
> I update Firefox to version 45 and now I face an horrible issue.
> From time to time, firefox will trap my mouse pointer, causing the following:
> - mouse doesn't work on terminal emulator
> - inside firefox, right-click doesn't work
> - inside firefox, clicking on Open/Save links when downloading a file
> doesn't work
> This is a very weird behavior that happens all the time, but that I
> don't know how to debug. Running firefox from the terminal and waiting
> for it doesn't give much clues.
> Can someone help me?
>
> Ciao.

[alpine-devel] Re: Firefox traps mouse pointer

<CAJDAfTBMN58wxTUy+bdq66H7qmpj2PTdY-+X-KbrCOavDZuByw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAJDAfTDA9cQmpPBcThpgXu1Mz7GpL88KYTMfx33z6mfeTsjLAQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue, but sometimes
I have the following error.

MESA-LOADER: could not create udev device for fd 15
Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_get_style_context: assertion
'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:
> After further tests I discovered this doesn't happen only with
> Firefox, but also with Libreoffice.
> This makes me believe it's a general Xorg issue.
> How can I debug this?
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, Alpine.
>>
>> I update Firefox to version 45 and now I face an horrible issue.
>> From time to time, firefox will trap my mouse pointer, causing the following:
>> - mouse doesn't work on terminal emulator
>> - inside firefox, right-click doesn't work
>> - inside firefox, clicking on Open/Save links when downloading a file
>> doesn't work
>> This is a very weird behavior that happens all the time, but that I
>> don't know how to debug. Running firefox from the terminal and waiting
>> for it doesn't give much clues.
>> Can someone help me?
>>
>> Ciao.

Re: [alpine-devel] Re: Firefox traps mouse pointer

<20160419162736.67a8bf35@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<CAJDAfTDA9cQmpPBcThpgXu1Mz7GpL88KYTMfx33z6mfeTsjLAQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Which window manager is it?

On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 09:03:23 -0300
Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:

> After further tests I discovered this doesn't happen only with
> Firefox, but also with Libreoffice.
> This makes me believe it's a general Xorg issue.
> How can I debug this?
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, Alpine.
> >
> > I update Firefox to version 45 and now I face an horrible issue.
> > From time to time, firefox will trap my mouse pointer, causing the following:
> > - mouse doesn't work on terminal emulator
> > - inside firefox, right-click doesn't work
> > - inside firefox, clicking on Open/Save links when downloading a file
> > doesn't work
> > This is a very weird behavior that happens all the time, but that I
> > don't know how to debug. Running firefox from the terminal and waiting
> > for it doesn't give much clues.
> > Can someone help me?
> >
> > Ciao.
>

> ---
> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---

Re: [alpine-devel] Re: Firefox traps mouse pointer

<CAJDAfTDRueiYzhQ5SMB5Q6S_B9CXkoOZccxsHKx+8DWTMYhm7w@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20160419162736.67a8bf35@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
Now I noticed the 2 error messages (mesa and gtk) without the issue of
getting the mouse trapped, so I think they have nothing to do with it.
I'm back into believing it's Xorg.
Or maybe my window manager, like Natanael suggests?
I'm using dwm
Any way to debug this?

Ciao.

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org> wrote:
> Which window manager is it?
>
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 09:03:23 -0300
> Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> After further tests I discovered this doesn't happen only with
>> Firefox, but also with Libreoffice.
>> This makes me believe it's a general Xorg issue.
>> How can I debug this?
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi, Alpine.
>> >
>> > I update Firefox to version 45 and now I face an horrible issue.
>> > From time to time, firefox will trap my mouse pointer, causing the following:
>> > - mouse doesn't work on terminal emulator
>> > - inside firefox, right-click doesn't work
>> > - inside firefox, clicking on Open/Save links when downloading a file
>> > doesn't work
>> > This is a very weird behavior that happens all the time, but that I
>> > don't know how to debug. Running firefox from the terminal and waiting
>> > for it doesn't give much clues.
>> > Can someone help me?
>> >
>> > Ciao.
>>

>> ---
>> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
>> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
>> ---

Re: [alpine-devel] Re: Firefox traps mouse pointer

<CAJDAfTDYMbacTnvo7XxEhaj0ToWRdL+62crS133PU_3P6pzn5w@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAJDAfTDRueiYzhQ5SMB5Q6S_B9CXkoOZccxsHKx+8DWTMYhm7w@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
I tried dwm 2> /home/j/dwm.log and waited for the problem of having
the mouse trapped.
But the log shows nothing about that! Only unrelated gtk errors, and
that mesa error I posted above. No other relevant information.
Any help?

Ciao.

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now I noticed the 2 error messages (mesa and gtk) without the issue of
> getting the mouse trapped, so I think they have nothing to do with it.
> I'm back into believing it's Xorg.
> Or maybe my window manager, like Natanael suggests?
> I'm using dwm
> Any way to debug this?
>
> Ciao.
>
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org> wrote:
>> Which window manager is it?
>>
>> On Tue, 19 Apr 2016 09:03:23 -0300
>> Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> After further tests I discovered this doesn't happen only with
>>> Firefox, but also with Libreoffice.
>>> This makes me believe it's a general Xorg issue.
>>> How can I debug this?

>>> ---
>>> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
>>> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
>>> ---

Re: [alpine-devel] Re: Firefox traps mouse pointer

<CAJDAfTAf7gi1q76cfzAbcbUZuJp=tfFXSUv-P1k54Y95xSgsnA@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAJDAfTDYMbacTnvo7XxEhaj0ToWRdL+62crS133PU_3P6pzn5w@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
I found many other people with this bug.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/55739
Unfortunately no solution was given.
Can anyone help?
Looks like it's really an Xorg problem.