Re: [alpine-devel] Maintaining unmaintained.

Leo Unglaub <leo@leo-unglaub.net>
<20160429123036.10ea6b91@battop.my.domain>
Hey,

> If noone has any objections, these could be purged in order to clean
> things up a bit. Is there anything you'd like to keep, or better
> still, pickup and maintain?

i think the only package in there worth keeping around would be
Thunderbird. It clearly needs an update, but i feel thats the package
with the highest demand. (Right after Rust ;) )

Greetings
Leo

Re: [alpine-devel] Maintaining unmaintained.

<20160429134059.35892c93@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<20160429123036.10ea6b91@battop.my.domain> (view parent)
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 12:30:36 +0200
Leo Unglaub <leo@leo-unglaub.net> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> > If noone has any objections, these could be purged in order to clean
> > things up a bit. Is there anything you'd like to keep, or better
> > still, pickup and maintain?
>
> i think the only package in there worth keeping around would be
> Thunderbird. It clearly needs an update, but i feel thats the package
> with the highest demand. (Right after Rust ;) )

I also think that thunderbird might be nice to have. However, nobody
has bothered actually doing anything about it for 2 years and I think
to make it build you would likely need to start over from scratch.

So I think we can just remove it.

Re: [alpine-devel] Maintaining unmaintained.

Leo Unglaub <leo@leo-unglaub.net>
<20160429140609.212b72f3@battop.my.domain>
In-Reply-To
<20160429134059.35892c93@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
Hello,

> I also think that thunderbird might be nice to have. However, nobody
> has bothered actually doing anything about it for 2 years and I think
> to make it build you would likely need to start over from scratch.

you are right. Starting from scratch or using the Firefox package as a
starting point are good choices. Because they are very smilar.

Greetings
Leo

Re: [alpine-devel] Maintaining unmaintained.

<201605080632.55515.vkrishn4@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20160429134059.35892c93@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org> (view parent)
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 12:30:36 +0200
>
> Leo Unglaub <leo@leo-unglaub.net> wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > > If noone has any objections, these could be purged in order to clean
> > > things up a bit. Is there anything you'd like to keep, or better
> > > still, pickup and maintain?
> >
> > i think the only package in there worth keeping around would be
> > Thunderbird. It clearly needs an update, but i feel thats the package
> > with the highest demand. (Right after Rust ;) )
>
> I also think that thunderbird might be nice to have. However, nobody
> has bothered actually doing anything about it for 2 years and I think
> to make it build you would likely need to start over from scratch.

Just for info,
https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/files/2016/04/Finding-a-Home-for-
Thunderbird.pdf

--