[alpine-devel] Suggestion of a flag to always download -doc packages

<CAJDAfTA3Cd4dJCtyP9ZA8-PcXWZ2JSfGQD4Q+VGbsz3hmTN07A@mail.gmail.com>
I think many people always want to have documentation for every package.
Now it's cumbersome to do it, you have always to remember to install
the -doc package. And hunt down default packages to do it.

It would be nice to have a way to download all -doc.

Ideas
====

1- apk upgrade -doc (checks all packages you have installed and
install all docs)
2- system config file that tells apk to always add -doc files when you
install the package. So if you do "apk add mpv" it's as if you did
"apk add mpv mpv-doc" automatically.

What do you think?
Any better idea?

Ciao.

<CAJDAfTCDaVGsvrrnjXesfHT2qp+yuMxkjjSrpxfV5oXZoerP=w@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<573C5FF8.4040604@leo-unglaub.net> (view parent)
Great! I should know about that :)

<CAJDAfTA3Cd4dJCtyP9ZA8-PcXWZ2JSfGQD4Q+VGbsz3hmTN07A@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hey,

On 05/18/16 14:12, Alba Pompeo wrote:
> I think many people always want to have documentation for every package.
> Now it's cumbersome to do it, you have always to remember to install
> the -doc package. And hunt down default packages to do it.
>
> It would be nice to have a way to download all -doc.

if you install the "docs" package all other doc packages for your
installed packages will be pulled in as well. Its a meta magic package :)

Greetings
Leo

Leo Unglaub <leo@leo-unglaub.net>
<573C61E1.9000908@leo-unglaub.net>
In-Reply-To
<CAJDAfTCDaVGsvrrnjXesfHT2qp+yuMxkjjSrpxfV5oXZoerP=w@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hey,

On 05/18/16 14:35, Alba Pompeo wrote:
> Great! I should know about that

dont worry, happens to the best. If you want you can create an article
in the Alpine Wiki about it so other users find it as well.

Greetings
Leo

<20160518144229.5a41493a@ncopa-desktop.alpinelinux.org>
In-Reply-To
<573C5FF8.4040604@leo-unglaub.net> (view parent)
On Wed, 18 May 2016 14:28:40 +0200
Leo Unglaub <leo@leo-unglaub.net> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On 05/18/16 14:12, Alba Pompeo wrote:
> > I think many people always want to have documentation for every package.
> > Now it's cumbersome to do it, you have always to remember to install
> > the -doc package. And hunt down default packages to do it.
> >
> > It would be nice to have a way to download all -doc.
>
> if you install the "docs" package all other doc packages for your
> installed packages will be pulled in as well. Its a meta magic package :)

Yes, feature is there and works good. Funny thing is, it only needs to
be documented...