[alpine-devel] php 7.1

Andy Postnikov <apostnikov@gmail.com>
<CAM0T6JfPcuws6tjD+dBJh8YGmug4tCt50GjcopnA-Xx4twygfw@mail.gmail.com>
There's RC1 http://ua2.php.net/archive/2016.php#id2016-09-01-1

How this could be added to testing repo?
Maybe use *php71* as package name but what to do with executable's names?
The same question about /etc/php71

--
*Andy Postnikov*, drupal consultant

dgo.to/@andypost
skype:andypost2005
Gennady Feldman <gena01@gmail.com>
<CAFvNWOSuBZ0yUVhLnWoxgF8rz9L+gB-a6S6Y3J9MTBWMdiTPLg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAM0T6JfPcuws6tjD+dBJh8YGmug4tCt50GjcopnA-Xx4twygfw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Well I think php7 is now in community repo, so php 7.1 could go into
testing?

Thank you,

Gennady

Leo Unglaub <leo@leo-unglaub.net>
<7de3d55a-2e5f-27be-4fdc-d51a4df93a28@leo-unglaub.net>
In-Reply-To
<CAM0T6JfPcuws6tjD+dBJh8YGmug4tCt50GjcopnA-Xx4twygfw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hey,

On 09/06/16 16:52, Andy Postnikov wrote:
> There's RC1 http://ua2.php.net/archive/2016.php#id2016-09-01-1
>
> How this could be added to testing repo?
> Maybe use *php71* as package name but what to do with executable's names?

its a RC1 and not a stable release. I don't think its a good idea adding
unstable software to the aports. That would cause much confusin and
problems.

I am also against using a own php71 prefix for packages. PHP 7.1 is
simply a bugfix release für PHP 7 and people should upgrade to it. If we
keep packages around for every new release we will have shortly a huge
mess on our hands.

Greetings
Leo

Andy Postnikov <apostnikov@gmail.com>
<CAM0T6Jcbphf5aQzZHSfuGWu+CxnrS=YXDW2P2bBXk-qVTTNDVw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<7de3d55a-2e5f-27be-4fdc-d51a4df93a28@leo-unglaub.net> (view parent)
Hi again)

PHP 7.1 is simply a bugfix release

I need to point that 7.1 is minor release with incompatibilities, see
http://php.net/manual/en/migration71.php
Both 5.6 and 7.0 has long support cycle
http://php.net/supported-versions.php

So why not to use testing repo for it's purpose for upcoming versions?

--
*Andy Postnikov*, drupal consultant

dgo.to/@andypost
skype:andypost2005