[alpine-devel] Re: [alpine-announce] Alpine 3.5.0 released

Olivier Mauras <olivier@mauras.ch>
<20161223091423.2fb5216307790cb2d3f33cbe@mauras.ch>
Hello,

Please be wary that lvm2-2.02.168-r3 included in this release is broken and won't let you use your lvm devices. Especially with LVM root you'd have a broken boot.
Any LVM binary will give this relocationg error:
# vgs
Error relocating /sbin/vgs: dm_report_group_push: symbol not found
Error relocating /sbin/vgs: dm_report_group_destroy: symbol not found
Error relocating /sbin/vgs: dm_report_group_pop: symbol not found
Error relocating /sbin/vgs: dm_report_set_selection: symbol not found
Error relocating /sbin/vgs: dm_config_parse_without_dup_node_check: symbol not found
Error relocating /sbin/vgs: dm_report_group_create: symbol not found

The 3.4 latest lvm2 package is still working so the workaround would be to hold that specific version upon upgrading.
When still on 3.4 url in your repositories file, issue:

# apk add lvm2=2.02.154-r0

This will prevent upgrading LVM to the broken version while upgrading the rest of the system.

Hope this helps,
Olivier

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 14:16:39 +0100
Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> We are pleased to announce the release of Alpine Linux 3.5.0, the first in
> the v3.5 stable series.
>
> ## New features and noteworthy changes
>
> - Switch from OpenSSL to LibreSSL
> - Support for aarch64 (uboot only for now)
> - Support for ZFS as root
> - PostgreSQL update to 9.6.x. See the [PostgreSQL documentation][0] for upgrade
>   instructions
> - Samba 4.5.3
> - GTK+3.0 3.22.5
> - glib 2.50.2
> - Support for [R][1], [JRuby][2] and [OCaml][3]
> - Better python3 support
> - The nodejs package was renamed to nodejs-current and moved to the community
>   repository. The nodejs-lts package was renamed to nodejs. This means that
>   you get the LTS version if you do `apk add nodejs`.
>
> [0]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/upgrading.html
> [1]: https://www.r-project.org/
> [2]: http://jruby.org/
> [3]: http://www.ocaml.org/
>
> ## Desktop applications that have been upgraded in v3.5 include:
>
> - xorg-server 1.18.4
> - libreoffice 5.2.3.3
>
> ## Credits
>
> - Thanks GIGABYTE for donating two ARM buildservers (xgene and thunderx platforms).
> - Thanks to everyone sending in patches, bug reports, new and updated aports.
>
> The full list of changes can be found in the
> [...]

Olivier

[alpine-devel] Re: [alpine-user] Re: [alpine-announce] Alpine 3.5.0 released

Olivier Mauras <olivier@mauras.ch>
<20161223093344.c65e271cdcce036f21f606c5@mauras.ch>
In-Reply-To
<20161223091423.2fb5216307790cb2d3f33cbe@mauras.ch> (view parent)
My bad, not using -a in apk upgrade updates device-mapper-libs without purging old device-mapper package.
using "apk upgrade -a" fixes the issue.

Sorry for the noise and I can't find a smiley for "my deepest apologies",
Olivier

On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 09:14:23 +0100
Olivier Mauras <olivier@mauras.ch> wrote:

> [...]
> >    2	Sergey Lukin
> >    2	Linus Swälas
> >    2	Marlus Saraiva
> >    2	stf
> >    2	Will Jordan
> >    1	Jupp Müller
> >    1	Jérémy Derussé
> >    1	John Coyle
> >    1	John Galt
> >    1	Jonny Tyers
> >    1	JSurf
> >    1	Jan Pobrislo
> >    1	Jean-Baptiste Guerraz
> >    1	Gus Monod
> >    1	I mostly migrate stuff to GoGS
> >    1	Fabian Ruff
> >    1	Ian Campbell
> >    1	Johannes Findeisen
> >    1	Keegan Carruthers-Smith
> >    1	Diego Queiroz
> >    1	Denis Ryabyy
> >    1	ENA APK Build User
> >    1	Emily Ingalls
> >    1	Dave Hall
> >    1	David Huffman
> >    1	Daniel Coonce
> >    1	Daniel Treadwell
> >    1	Mikolaj Chwalisz
> >    1	Mikhail Ivko
> >    1	Max Claus Nunes
> >    1	Michael Zhou
> >    1	Marvin Steadfast
> >    1	Linux User
> >    1	Luke Petre
> >    1	Kyle Parisi
> >    1	Lance Chen
> >    1	Maartje Eyskens
> >    1	Matt Dainty
> >    1	Pelle Bo Regener
> >    1	Nathan Caldwell
> >    1	Raphael Cohn
> >    1	Sander Maijers
> >    1	Roy Storey
> >    1	Ramanathan Sivagurunathan
> >    1	Shiz
> >    1	David Scott
> >    1	Emmanuel Blot
> >    1	Camille Scholtz
> >    1	Bjoern Schilberg
> >    1	Brad Fritz
> >    1	Antoine Tenart
> >    1	Ashley Sommer
> >    1	Andrew Hsu
> >    1	Aji Kisworo Mukti
> >    1	Aaron Jensen
> >    1	Aleksi Johansson
> >    1	Bascht
> >    1	Cliff Free
> >    1	Steeve Chailloux
> >    1	andypost
> >    1	Yura Kushnir
> >    1	albap
> >    1	jakab.kristof@balasys.hu
> >    1	Thiébaud Weksteen
> >    1	lemon
> >    1	rob dux
> >    1	tang0th
> >    1	w1r0x
> >    1	yzlin
> >    1	midipix
> >

> > ---
> > Unsubscribe:  alpine-announce+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> > Help:         alpine-announce+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> > ---
> >

> Olivier

Olivier

[alpine-devel] Re: [alpine-user] Re: [alpine-announce] Alpine 3.5.0 released

<20161223161226.25401d2e@ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw>
In-Reply-To
<20161223093344.c65e271cdcce036f21f606c5@mauras.ch> (view parent)
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 09:33:44 +0100
Olivier Mauras <olivier@mauras.ch> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 09:14:23 +0100
> Olivier Mauras <olivier@mauras.ch> wrote:
>
> > Please be wary that lvm2-2.02.168-r3 included in this release is broken and won't let you use your lvm devices. Especially with LVM root you'd have a broken boot.
> > Any LVM binary will give this relocationg error:
> > # vgs
> > Error relocating /sbin/vgs: dm_report_group_push: symbol not found
> > Error relocating /sbin/vgs: dm_report_group_destroy: symbol not found
> > Error relocating /sbin/vgs: dm_report_group_pop: symbol not found
> > Error relocating /sbin/vgs: dm_report_set_selection: symbol not found
> > Error relocating /sbin/vgs: dm_config_parse_without_dup_node_check: symbol not found
> > Error relocating /sbin/vgs: dm_report_group_create: symbol not found
>
> My bad, not using -a in apk upgrade updates device-mapper-libs without purging old device-mapper package.
> using "apk upgrade -a" fixes the issue.

I'm glad to hear that it was not the lvm package that was broken. thanks for sharing!