[alpine-devel] abuild 3.0.0_rc1

<20170320134401.00d7a97b@ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw>

I have tagged abuild 3.0.0_rc1

One noteworthy change is that we now use `set -c` by default. This
means that we no longer need the `|| return 1` after each line. I
think we should not start remove the `|| return 1` from the APKBUILDs
til after 3.6-stable is branched. This is to make it easier to backport
patches for the stable branches.

It also means that some APKBUILDs which ignore errors may break. We will
have to fix those as we go.

Thanks!

<E2352E23-D86F-4B22-83D1-448A647F0E25@shiz.me>
In-Reply-To
<20170320134401.00d7a97b@ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw> (view parent)
Don’t you mean set -e? :)
Good addition otherwise — looking forward to the removal of all those return statements,
and no more silent/unseen failures.

- Shiz

> On 20 Mar 2017, at 13:44, Natanael Copa <ncopa@alpinelinux.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have tagged abuild 3.0.0_rc1
>
> One noteworthy change is that we now use `set -c` by default. This
> means that we no longer need the `|| return 1` after each line. I
> think we should not start remove the `|| return 1` from the APKBUILDs
> til after 3.6-stable is branched. This is to make it easier to backport
> patches for the stable branches.
>
> It also means that some APKBUILDs which ignore errors may break. We will
> have to fix those as we go.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -nc
Jakub Jirutka <jakub@jirutka.cz>