We are imposing a soft freeze in edge for now, as part of preparation
for the 3.6 release.
In case anyone forgot the rules:
- minor changes such as non-ABI breaking version bumps are still allowed
- changes to an existing package's structure (such as the recent
nss-static change) are not allowed unless a specific exception is
- high risk changes will be considered on a case by case basis, if you
think that your change is "high risk", please hold off on it for now
unless it is really important. if not sure, ask somebody.
- changes for abuild set -e support are not allowed at this time
- moving packages from testing to community are allowed for now, but
will be disallowed once the hard freeze is in place
A hard freeze in preparation for branching 3.6 will most likely begin
next week on Friday. Once the branch has occured, the edge tree will
return back to a soft freeze status until the 3.6.0 release with the
ABI rule relaxed.
The testing repo only lives in the edge branch, and so is not subject
to any freezes.
Received on Thu Mar 23 2017 - 11:56:10 UTC