[alpine-devel] No keyboard and no mouse with X

<1a7e7f6b-9d99-ef1c-53cf-15f66e461029@magickarpet.org>
Hello list,

I'm currently trying Alpine linux, but I get a slight annoyance: no
matter what xf86-input-* package I add, on the three laptops I tried, I
never get the integrated keyboard and touchpad to work under X (the
keyboard is fine in the console), only a USB keyboard and a USB mouse work.

I have been following these instructions:
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/XFCE_Setup, XFCE launches fine, the
resolution is correct, and the list of relevant packages installed is
the following:

|    # apk info | grep xf86 | sort
|    libxxf86vm
|    xf86-input-evdev
|    xf86-input-evdev-dev
|    xf86-input-evdev-doc
|    xf86-input-keyboard
|    xf86-input-keyboard-doc
|    xf86-input-mouse
|    xf86-input-mouse-dev
|    xf86-input-mouse-doc
|    xf86-input-synaptics
|    xf86-input-vmmouse
|    xf86-input-vmmouse-doc
|    xf86-video-ati
|    xf86-video-fbdev
|    xf86-video-i128
|    xf86-video-modesetting
|    xf86-video-r128
|    xf86-video-vesa

Am I missing something? The three laptops I tried are old and new
Thinkpads, a t460s, an X100e, and an X120e, if that matters. Also, in
the output of dmesg, just after running startx, there's the following
(not sure that matters):

|    [ 1053.907895] grsec: denied resource overstep by requesting 21 for
RLIMIT_NICE against limit 0 for /usr/bin/xinit[xinit:2955]
uid/euid:1000/1000 gid/egid:1000/
1000, parent /usr/bin/startx[startx:2930] uid/euid:1000/1000
gid/egid:1000/1000

I'm not sure where to look to solve this. Has anyone a clue about what I
should do?

Cheers,

--

Étienne

Leonardo Arena <rnalrd@gmail.com>
<80b9e62d-3acc-6053-d43e-7830b1938ca9@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1a7e7f6b-9d99-ef1c-53cf-15f66e461029@magickarpet.org> (view parent)

On 02/04/2017 22:42, Etienne wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm currently trying Alpine linux, but I get a slight annoyance: no
> matter what xf86-input-* package I add, on the three laptops I tried, I
> never get the integrated keyboard and touchpad to work under X (the
> keyboard is fine in the console), only a USB keyboard and a USB mouse work.

anything relevant in Xorg.0.log?

|_eo
<9a140f57-64e5-b017-ec74-ddc0e9d774ad@magickarpet.org>
In-Reply-To
<80b9e62d-3acc-6053-d43e-7830b1938ca9@gmail.com> (view parent)
On 03/04/17 14:11, Leonardo Arena wrote:
>> I'm currently trying Alpine linux, but I get a slight annoyance: no
>> matter what xf86-input-* package I add, on the three laptops I tried, I
>> never get the integrated keyboard and touchpad to work under X (the
>> keyboard is fine in the console), only a USB keyboard and a USB mouse work.
>>
> anything relevant in Xorg.0.log?
There was nothing. It was rather the absence of devices that was
striking. But I got another tip and sorted it out. Thanks anyway.

--
Étienne