[alpine-devel] modemmanager-dev and libmm-glib-dev

<20170606194343.572d0603@ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw>

I noticed that the modemmanager aport has a separate libmm-glib-dev
subpackage. I wonder why it needs to be separate from our traditional
modemmanager-dev?

I know that we for some packages make exception, like libpq and
libmysql may make sense to have separate -dev package for, but in this
case it seems that libmm-glib-dev needs to depend on modemmanager-dev:

> checking for LIBGEOCLUE... yes
> checking for ModemManager... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (mm-glib >= 1.0) were not met:
>
> Package 'ModemManager', required by 'mm-glib', not found
>
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables ModemManager_CFLAGS
> and ModemManager_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Can we simply drop the libmm-glib-dev package and put all the
development files into modemmanager-dev, like we do with the rest of
our aports?

[alpine-devel] Re: modemmanager-dev and libmm-glib-dev

<3b39aa24-8ca9-9ab4-4992-602940b9a154@it-offshore.co.uk>
In-Reply-To
<20170606194343.572d0603@ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw> (view parent)

I've moved the libmm-glib-dev files into modemmanager-dev & changed the
$makedepends in networkmanager & network-manager-applet:

https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pull/1624

Stuart.

On 06/06/2017 06:43 PM, Natanael Copa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that the modemmanager aport has a separate libmm-glib-dev
> subpackage. I wonder why it needs to be separate from our traditional
> modemmanager-dev?
>
> I know that we for some packages make exception, like libpq and
> libmysql may make sense to have separate -dev package for, but in this
> case it seems that libmm-glib-dev needs to depend on modemmanager-dev:

>> checking for LIBGEOCLUE... yes
>> checking for ModemManager... no
>> configure: error: Package requirements (mm-glib >= 1.0) were not met:
>>
>> Package 'ModemManager', required by 'mm-glib', not found
>>
>> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>>
>> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables ModemManager_CFLAGS
>> and ModemManager_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> Can we simply drop the libmm-glib-dev package and put all the
> development files into modemmanager-dev, like we do with the rest of
> our aports?
>
> -nc
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)