~alpine/devel

Re: [alpine-devel] Change Travis in Alpine Continuous Integration

<0LikA7-1e56BI3bP3-00cwID@mail.gmx.com>
On Jul 12, 2017 9:28 AM, William Pitcock <nenolod@dereferenced.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Jakub Jirutka <jakub@jirutka.cz> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > we use Travis CI for testing pull requests (and only for that) because it’s free and well integrated with GitHub. Our build infrastructure uses just a simple shell script for running builds, so it’s currently not usable for this use case.
> >
> > We would like to improve this, use some real CI software, but haven’t found anything suitable yet. I know Jenkins CI and it’s one of the last CI software I would recommend…
>
> It seems like we could use buildbot and this software:
> https://github.com/barosl/homu to handle the Github side of it.
>
> William

I tried buildbot along with the other available solutions I could find about 6 months ago and I found it limited and brittle. I'm not sure it is significantly better than a simple LUA script. Maybe we should wait for better solutions to happen; maybe we should roll our own.

7heo
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)