[alpine-devel] Support for 32bit UEFI

<CAKkjsY_ccZ5SGs047-fW_+KUeckNy1csskm1f831DqVVStc=HQ@mail.gmail.com>
Greetings,

Efibootmgr and efivar are needed on x86 platforms that utilize uefi,
however, the versions in the package repository are 64bit only.

I have an outstanding pull request that adds support for this architecture
as well as claim maintainership of these packages that has been open for 25
days.

I know that v3.7.0 has just been released so I know that people are
probably busy with that, however, in Gentoo Linux, there are procedures in
place for stabilization but I do not see any documentation on stabilizing
packages in Alpine Linux.

--
Regards,

[image: Visit online journal] <https://lramage94.github.io/>

*Lucas Ramage* / Software Engineer
ramage.lucas@openmailbox.org / (941) 404-6794

*PGP Fingerprint* / Learn More <https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/>
EAE7 45DF 818D 4948 DDA7 0F44 F52A 5A96 7B9B 6FB7
<https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF52A5A967B9B6FB7>

*Visit online journal*
http://lramage94.github.io <https://lramage94.github.io/>

[image: Github]  <https://github.com/lramage94>[image: Linkedin]
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/lramage94>
Leonardo Arena <rnalrd@gmail.com>
<CAGG_d8DbJJhM+ju2Wk_jXSZvdKRto-qW6QmP3+YTuwdFqEGYzw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAKkjsY_ccZ5SGs047-fW_+KUeckNy1csskm1f831DqVVStc=HQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Lucas Ramage <ramage.lucas94@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Efibootmgr and efivar are needed on x86 platforms that utilize uefi,
> however, the versions in the package repository are 64bit only.
>
> I have an outstanding pull request that adds support for this architecture
> as well as claim maintainership of these packages that has been open for 25
> days.

these have been now merged. Sorry for the delay.

> I know that v3.7.0 has just been released so I know that people are
> probably busy with that, however, in Gentoo Linux, there are procedures in
> place for stabilization but I do not see any documentation on stabilizing
> packages in Alpine Linux.

We were mostly busy in preparing for v3.7.0 release, that's why we did not
merge new stuff.
I believe that "package stabilization" in Alpine it's the equivalent of
moving the package from testing->{community,main}. Usually when a package
is tested, known to be working and it has a maintainer we don't have
objection to merge move requests.

Thanks!

/eo
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)