[alpine-devel] CFLAGS for abuild

Rainer Gerhards <rgerhards@hq.adiscon.com>
<CADk+mPA59bhD=jhCum-bgMZm=O29AbgYqHY8g2jAGx5TU9Dytw@mail.gmail.com>
Hi all,

sorry if this is off-topic for this list. If so, I would appreciate if
you could point me to the right place.

I am rsyslog upstream and would like to make rsyslog build warning
free under Alpine build process. I have setup a compile environment,
but I seem to not get the proper CFLAGS, as under abuild I have some
warning which I cannot reproduce even under our strict settings. Can
someone tell me which exact flags abuild uses?

Thanks,
Rainer

Daniel Isaksen <d@duniel.no>
<CAFWK1CC7xGLVptNkyz8ECF6Hy1UZ3iOySMW=iNjor09ydA8bsw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CADk+mPA59bhD=jhCum-bgMZm=O29AbgYqHY8g2jAGx5TU9Dytw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi Rainer,

You should be able to `export CFLAGS=""` in your abuild.conf.

- Daniel

<762142C1-F668-4259-947A-2060CC6EE47C@shiz.me>
In-Reply-To
<CADk+mPA59bhD=jhCum-bgMZm=O29AbgYqHY8g2jAGx5TU9Dytw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

The used CFLAGS are set in /etc/abuild.conf, with abuild optionally
adding -g if a -dbg split subpackage exists or the DEBUG environment
variable is set. Hope that helps!

- Shiz

> On 23 Jan 2018, at 09:29, Rainer Gerhards <rgerhards@hq.adiscon.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> sorry if this is off-topic for this list. If so, I would appreciate if
> you could point me to the right place.
>
> I am rsyslog upstream and would like to make rsyslog build warning
> free under Alpine build process. I have setup a compile environment,
> but I seem to not get the proper CFLAGS, as under abuild I have some
> warning which I cannot reproduce even under our strict settings. Can
> someone tell me which exact flags abuild uses?
>
> Thanks,
> Rainer
>

> ---
> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---

Rainer Gerhards <rgerhards@hq.adiscon.com>
<CADk+mPA6iykje0Fw8dKT_zGD=im1DgZevxDmKyHKRDk7hPzGkQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<762142C1-F668-4259-947A-2060CC6EE47C@shiz.me> (view parent)

> The used CFLAGS are set in /etc/abuild.conf, with abuild optionally
> adding -g if a -dbg split subpackage exists or the DEBUG environment
> variable is set. Hope that helps!

Thank you very much, this indeed helps a lot!

@Daniel: thx also for your answer, but I was looking not at changing
the abuild flags but changing the source code so that it compiles
cleanly. Just to clarify. But it is useful to know I can adjust abuild
CFLAGS via this method.

Rainer