[alpine-devel] Possible documentation mistake in APKBUILD reference

Martin Galvan <omgalvan.86@gmail.com>
<CAN19L9ENoZZFqfiA+Vb-VAw_nLqE7k0vEy=0kUpYZKzUqAM5Jg@mail.gmail.com>
Hi all,

I saw that http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/APKBUILD_Reference#install says:

"Note: When using install scripts, $install should be included in
source so that checksums can be generated and used for the install
scripts specified in install. For example:

install="$pkgname.pre-install $pkgname.post-install"
source="http://....
       $install"
"

However, if I do that, abuild -r says:

>>> WARNING: myPackage: You should not have $install in source

Is this a mistake in the docs, or I didn't understand how it works?

Martin Galvan <omgalvan.86@gmail.com>
<CAN19L9HDe7e=xh0uY0NRpChGk_XtpPokK_vDU+gHwW6hbrRnGQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<F6CD97A6-F5F5-43A1-B5FD-8109609DB32A@jirutka.cz> (view parent)
In that case, should I still add $install to source just for abuild
checksums, then remove it for abuild -r?

> it’s a mistake in the docs.
>
> Jakub
>
>> On 24. Jan 2018, at 20:14, Martin Galvan <omgalvan.86@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I saw that http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/APKBUILD_Reference#install says:
>>
>> "Note: When using install scripts, $install should be included in
>> source so that checksums can be generated and used for the install
>> scripts specified in install. For example:
>>
>> install="$pkgname.pre-install $pkgname.post-install"
>> source="http://....
>>       $install"
>> "
>>
>> However, if I do that, abuild -r says:

>> Is this a mistake in the docs, or I didn't understand how it works?
>>

>> ---
>> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
>> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
>> ---

<CAML-UdtyPJs0L4znd=P+xCYvrtk+v+xk8+C=FJ5WCBa-0CUaWg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAN19L9HDe7e=xh0uY0NRpChGk_XtpPokK_vDU+gHwW6hbrRnGQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
No, the contents of $install do go into $source, just not $install itself.

--
-- Kiyoshi Aman
Jakub Jirutka <jakub@jirutka.cz>
<CAN19L9ENoZZFqfiA+Vb-VAw_nLqE7k0vEy=0kUpYZKzUqAM5Jg@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

<3F615F73-6D3E-45D0-80E6-7E7D154BACB5@jirutka.cz>
In-Reply-To
<CAN19L9HDe7e=xh0uY0NRpChGk_XtpPokK_vDU+gHwW6hbrRnGQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
No, don't add it to the $source at all. I will fix the wiki page after I arrived home.

Jakub

On 24 January 2018 22:27:18 CET, Martin Galvan <omgalvan.86@gmail.com> wrote:
>In that case, should I still add $install to source just for abuild
>checksums, then remove it for abuild -r?

>> Hi,
>>
>> it’s a mistake in the docs.
>>
>> Jakub
>>
>>> On 24. Jan 2018, at 20:14, Martin Galvan <omgalvan.86@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I saw that
>http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/APKBUILD_Reference#install says:
>>>
>>> "Note: When using install scripts, $install should be included in
>>> source so that checksums can be generated and used for the install
>>> scripts specified in install. For example:
>>>
>>> install="$pkgname.pre-install $pkgname.post-install"
>>> source="http://....
>>>       $install"
>>> "
>>>
>>> However, if I do that, abuild -r says:

>>> Is this a mistake in the docs, or I didn't understand how it works?
>>>

>>> ---
>>> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
>>> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
>>> ---

Martin Galvan <omgalvan.86@gmail.com>
<CAN19L9EGkLKuHirEe1DDnxJ2A80LsvqSPUwbn=r7Sd2iVpUwDg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<3F615F73-6D3E-45D0-80E6-7E7D154BACB5@jirutka.cz> (view parent)
Hi, I just checked and the mistake is still there.