[alpine-devel] How to build alpine image from sources

Harshal Govind <harshdgovind@gmail.com>
<CADYja1F+Z2tCWw_Vuw1h8jm9bvzOFuyW8OcQDdqbXWiOYv5faQ@mail.gmail.com>

I went through the alpine development doc and understood how to build the
individual components and iso image.
To build the iso image i used this command: "sh mkimage.sh --outdir
iso-img/ --arch x86_64 --profile standard"
But this script will fetch the pre-built apk from alpine mirror and build
the image.
Is there any way(script or utility) to build the iso image from sources?

Thanks,
Harshal
Tuan M. Hoang <tmhoang@flatglobe.org>
<1946085a-3d20-72c3-a9fe-8bfa0a0d1cff@flatglobe.org>
In-Reply-To
<CADYja1F+Z2tCWw_Vuw1h8jm9bvzOFuyW8OcQDdqbXWiOYv5faQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

If you want to build the ISO, which basically contains a handful of
pre-built packages, from source, you need to build those packages from
source first, then pass --repository with the location containing those
packages to mkimage.sh script.

Tuan,

On 02/25/2018 03:26 PM, Harshal Govind wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I went through the alpine development doc and understood how to build
> the individual components and iso image.
> To build the iso image i used this command: "sh mkimage.sh --outdir
> iso-img/ --arch x86_64 --profile standard"
> But this script will fetch the pre-built apk from alpine mirror and
> build the image.
> Is there any way(script or utility) to build the iso image from sources?
>

> Thanks,
> Harshal

Jakub Jirutka <jakub@jirutka.cz>
<77240862-093A-42AD-9D84-BA4222A4D004@jirutka.cz>
In-Reply-To
<1946085a-3d20-72c3-a9fe-8bfa0a0d1cff@flatglobe.org> (view parent)

you can use https://github.com/alpinelinux/alpine-make-vm-image.

Jakub

On 27 February 2018 05:19:13 CET, "Tuan M. Hoang" <tmhoang@flatglobe.org> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>If you want to build the ISO, which basically contains a handful of
>pre-built packages, from source, you need to build those packages from
>source first, then pass --repository with the location containing those
>packages to mkimage.sh script.
>
>Tuan,
>
>On 02/25/2018 03:26 PM, Harshal Govind wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I went through the alpine development doc and understood how to build
>> the individual components and iso image.
>> To build the iso image i used this command: "sh mkimage.sh --outdir
>> iso-img/ --arch x86_64 --profile standard"
>> But this script will fetch the pre-built apk from alpine mirror and
>> build the image.
>> Is there any way(script or utility) to build the iso image from
>sources?
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Harshal
>

>---