[alpine-devel] Extend APKBUILD format with a variable to check framework versions

From: Oliver Smith <ollieparanoid_at_bitmessage.ch>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 08:44:00 +0000

Hey folks,

various frameworks, such as Qt (available in Alpine), KDE Plasma, KDE
Framework have a lot of components that get released together and
therefore must have the same pkgver. In postmarketOS we have a CI check
in place, that makes sure, that the version matches for all these
components. Right now we are categorizing the frameworks by their URL,
but that is of course not the purpose of the URL variable.

It was suggested to add a new variable instead, and since Alpine and
Adélie would probably benefit from such a check and variable as well, I
wonder if it makes sense to make this variable official and add it to
the APKBUILD reference in Alpine's wiki. I could add a simple shell
script that checks the package versions based on that variable in
Alpine's aports.git to be used by Travis.

I would like to keep "framework" out of the name, as this may also be
the case for non-frameworks, such as the KDE Applications, which are
also released together.

One idea for the name would be "relgroup", as in "release group":

  relgroup="qt5"
  relgroup="kde-applications"

What do you think?

Regards,