[alpine-devel] abuild infinite loop

<CACJ51z3xegcj0m2oP0_ym59_pCEfnFsnvwwUD+3V3-ZHx9KU2w@mail.gmail.com>
I'm trying to build a package using "abuild -r", but it seems to run
configure on the package in an infinite loop.  Does anyone have an idea on
why this would occur?

Thanks,

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia@gmail.com
On 01/09/19 11:02, Andrew Bell wrote:

> I'm trying to build a package using "abuild -r", but it seems to run
> configure on the package in an infinite loop.  Does anyone have an idea
> on why this would occur?

Without seeing the APKBUILD it's not easy to tell.  Please post it.

Perhaps something or somewhere in the configure script is calling
'build'; since that's the shell function that calls ./configure, that
might cause issues.

--arw

--
A. Wilcox (awilfox)
Project Lead, Adélie Linux
On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 12:34 PM A. Wilcox <awilfox@adelielinux.org> wrote:

> On 01/09/19 11:02, Andrew Bell wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to build a package using "abuild -r", but it seems to run
> > configure on the package in an infinite loop.  Does anyone have an idea
> > on why this would occur?
>

> Without seeing the APKBUILD it's not easy to tell.  Please post it.
>
> Perhaps something or somewhere in the configure script is calling
> 'build'; since that's the shell function that calls ./configure, that
> might cause issues.

I'm not well-versed in autoconf, but it seems there must be some
interaction between abuild and the configure script, as you suggest.  When
I run ./configure with the same options as in the APKBUILD file directly
from the command line in $srcdir everything works.  Currently, after
running "configure", "config.status" is run and then "config.status
--recheck" (and again and again...).

Thanks for your help.  I'll trace it through.

P.S. - Are there published rules that one needs to follow when using
autoconf with abuild?

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia@gmail.com