[alpine-devel] Bug on mkimage.sh logic.

Magicloud Magiclouds <magicloud.magiclouds@gmail.com>
<CABErt4ekLFSqQSwUDzBrSmYPJ6aq2f1GaCoO-3cWynayKNNNVw@mail.gmail.com>

I think I can build image of other architecture by using mkimage.sh
from aports/scripts. But when doing that, it would verify files signed
by aarch64 keys using x86_64 keys, and failed trusting.

```
$ ./mkimage.sh --arch aarch64 --repository http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/
edge/main --profile arm
OK: 0 MiB in 0 packages
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/main/aarch64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
ERROR: http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/main: UNTRUSTED signature
WARNING: Ignoring APKINDEX.066df28d.tar.gz: No such file or directory
1 errors; 0 distinct packages available
```

--
竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞

[alpine-devel] Re: Bug on mkimage.sh logic.

Magicloud Magiclouds <magicloud.magiclouds@gmail.com>
<CABErt4fQfJcP8WdHW3QVR=Od1+_h8H8uNEdmvrL+d4cqHEksww@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<CABErt4ekLFSqQSwUDzBrSmYPJ6aq2f1GaCoO-3cWynayKNNNVw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Also, in the progress, apk tries to load raspberrypi-bootloader (in
aarch64) from x86_64 repos. So I guess this tool does not support
cross platform despite what it looks like?

--
竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞

<e017bc05-13a5-8e6d-1674-d914402ed363@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
In-Reply-To
<CABErt4ekLFSqQSwUDzBrSmYPJ6aq2f1GaCoO-3cWynayKNNNVw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)

mkimage.sh should be running on the host of the same architecture as the target. (i.e. creating images for arm on arm machines).
Since x86_64 and aarch64 have different signing keys respectively, UNTRUSTED signature is error expected.

You could use qemu (emulation mode on x86) to run Alpine aarch64 to build aarch64 image though.

There was somebody mentioned using Docker multi-arch support feature to build aarch64 images on x86 host but I didn't remember exactly.

Cheers,