[alpine-devel] How to make edge package available in 3.8 branch

Carlos Giraldo Rodriguez <cgiraldo@gradiant.org>
<CAADRhepD_mLTp75vSq4GUyanA0wk1oBGSpfTXAhF8WwWbQuhHQ@mail.gmail.com>
Hi!
I have contributed the py-pandas package in the testing repository and now
it is available in the Alpine Edge branch.
But I'd like to have the package available in alpine 3.8 branch. How is the
process to get the package available in the different Alpine branches?

Regards,

[image: Logotipo-Gradiant_Principal_300x195px] <http://www.gradiant.org/>

*Carlos Giraldo Rodríguez*

Ingeniero-Investigador Senior  | Área de Sistemas Inteligentes

Senior Researcher-Engineer | Intelligent Systems Department
<96fefabc-bf86-28a0-69c9-2bd2cb845bbb@linux.ibm.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAADRhepD_mLTp75vSq4GUyanA0wk1oBGSpfTXAhF8WwWbQuhHQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Hi Carlos,

Packages in testing repository should be considered moving to community
if it shows a good track of stability or required by a community package
(having an active maintainer, not breaking builds frequently, etc.) in
the next stable release, which is 3.10 at the moment. I have not seen
Alpine backports from testing to older stable releases but obviously
Alpine dev team would have better answer.

The process is as simple as asking on #alpine-linux or #alpine-devel on
Freenode or open a pull request on github or send a patch to
patchwork.alpinelinux.org.

Good luck,
Tuan