[alpine-user] setup-alpine cannot save configs

From: <ceel_at_netcourrier.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 23:41:08 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

Alpine (3.8.1) in frugal install works fine and fast; but I meet a

problem saving configs: when setup-alpine asks

Enter where to store configs ('floppy', 'sda2', 'usb' or 'none') [sda2]:

no error message but any alpine.apkovl.tar.gz file is created on sda2 :(

Trying to create a configuration file with

setup-alpine -c /media/sda2/apkovl.conf

returns

touch: /media/sda2/apkovl.conf: Read-only filesystem

Cannot touch file /media/sda2/apkovl.conf

/sbin/setup-alpine: line 115: can't create /media/sda2/apkovl.conf:

Read-only filesystem

And yet when setup-alpine prompts me to create a cache

Enter apk cache directory (or '?' or 'none') [/media/sda2/cache]:

it creates correctly the /cache folder, and apk saves downloaded packages

in it.

Is there a chance that setup-alpine is modified to do it? (or maybe it is

only a bug?)

Alpine would be perfect if it was possible to save the config on a HD

partition.

Thanks.

Ceel