[alpine-user] 2 issues with MATE

From: Matt Schwartz <matt.schwartz01_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 19:48:58 -0500

Hello list,

I am running Alpine version x86_64 edge. I have MATE successfully up
and running but I seem to have 2 peculiar issues. 1) Sound is working
perfectly but the sound applet has the sound effects section
completely greyed out and I cannot choose a sound theme. 2) When I try
to set the clock applet to 12 hour format, the clock displays as a
series of ????. Also, when I try to add a location to the clock
applet, the applet crashes. I am at a loss to troubleshoot this any
further and I would welcome some hints. I am a little newer to Linux.

Thank you in advance,
Matt