Re: [alpine-user] 2 issues with MATE

From: Paul Bredbury <brebs_at_sent.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 22:13:36 +0000

Installing sound-theme-freedesktop ( https://patchwork.alpinelinux.org/patch/4340/ ) allows a sound theme to be chosen, although you'll probably want more sounds from e.g.
https://www.mate-look.org/browse/cat/316/ord/top/

> 2) When I try
> to set the clock applet to 12 hour format, the clock displays as a
> series of ????. Also, when I try to add a location to the clock
> applet, the applet crashes.

I get the "???", but no crash.

Alpine is currently (surprisingly) using the 1.21 (i.e a development) branch of MATE, so we are exposed to dev code, until MATE 1.22 is released.