[alpine-user] Wacom tablet has stopped working

From: fao_ <finnoleary_at_inventati.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 05:36:28 +0000

Hi,
Today after a few months of disuse, I decided to plug in my wacom
tablet.
The light comes on, and the tablet seems to detect the pen, however the
cursor does not move. This bug is present when using the USB cable and
when
using the wireless dongle.

After some digging, it seems that the tablet is detected by the kernel,
the
default udev rules are run, and Xorg attempts to load the driver.
However,
it fails to open the serial console because:

> (EE) Serial Wacom Tablet WACf004: Error opening /dev/ttyS0 (I/O error)

Running statserial gives me:

> $ sudo statserial /dev/ttyS0
> statserial: TIOCMGET failed: I/O error

(Indeed, I get the same result from all of /dev/ttyS*)

`dmesg` doesn't seem to have anything particularly interesting in it,
but
I've attached both dmesg and Xorg.0.log in case there's something useful
there I'm not seeing.

Removing the `xf86-input-wacom` package and relying on libinput to
provide
access to the tablet, seems to produce the same bug.

I'm not sure where to go from here, so any advice that you can give will
probably be useful.

Thanks in advance.

--
- fao_