Re: [alpine-user] ncurses source for Alpine package

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 08:45:19 +0100

Hi!

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 22:11:38 +0000
RICK KING <rick.king_at_adtran.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to backtrace from the Alpine package for the ncurses-libs
> package at version 6.1_p20180818-r0 that appears to be defined by
> this APKBUILD file
> (https://git.alpinelinux.org/aports/tree/main/ncurses/APKBUILD?id=b01bcbc9705e0ad4e6778c0a34ed376300577bbc<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/t_PKCyP2nvFrvJ7GfM4vdA?domain=git.alpinelinux.org>)
>
> When I follow the links out to the source location at
> invisible-mirror.net though, I find no source tarballs from this
> timeframe. It looks as if they've pruned a certain number of older
> releases (though this is just from this past August)
>
> Am I looking at something wrong on this? Or is this version of the
> package broken at this point due to the ncurses folks pruning the
> versions that are still out there?
>
> I'd appreciate any guidance you can help give me on this issue.

We store the sources on https://distfiles.alpinelinux.org.

The files from edge are removed after some time. They are found here:
https://distfiles.alpinelinux.org/distfiles

The sources for stable branches are stored "forever". You can find the
sources for v3.8 here:
https://distfiles.alpinelinux.org/distfiles/v3.8

I hope that helps!

-nc