[alpine-user] How to check current and previously logged in users in Alpine 3.8.2?

From: Martin Gignac <martin.gignac_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 09:44:19 -0500

What is the proper way to check current and previously logged in users in
Alpine 3.8.2?

The "who" command does not appear to have been compiled in Alpine's Busybox
(although it _can_ be according to the man page). Installing coreutils does
give me the "who" command, but it returns nothing, even though I am logged
in on the console when executing it.

Also, executing the "last" command gives this error:

  couldn't open file '/dev/null/wtmp': Not a directory

Regards,
-Martin