Re: [alpine-user] How to check current and previously logged in users in Alpine 3.8.2?

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-devel_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 19:15:33 +0000

>I think Joey Smith's suggestion for using utmps is worth investigating.
>
>https://skarnet.org/software/utmps/index.html
>https://skarnet.org/software/utmps/overview.html
>
>The examples in the git repo show that it can be used with OpenRC although it still needs the s6-ipcserver.

  There has been a utmps package in the Alpine distribution since
August 2018.

  ... at least, that's when the patch was sent to the alpine-aports
mailing-list. I don't know if it has been processed since, because
Alpine maintainers seem to privilege GitHub PRs and hardly ever seem
to find the time and/or energy to process ML patches.

  In any case, the package is a little old and I've been late in
maintaining my packages lately, sorry about that. New versions should
arrive towards the end of this month. If they don't get lost in
patchwork limbo.

--
  Laurent