Subject: Re: New installation issue

From: Kevin Daudt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 13:09:13 +0200

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 11:06:38AM +0000, Oliver Brunskill wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I just installed Alpine on my laptop via setup-alpine with no issues (sys install) but I cannot update or add anything using apk.
> Whatever I try to get (with main or community) gives me the same error message where it displays the repository link it tried and says "temporary error (try again later)". I've tried reinstalling but it still doesn't work.
> 
> If you could get back to me as soon as you can that'd be great.
> 
> Thank you,
> Oliver

Hello Oliver,

"temporary error" indicates some kind of network issue. Most of the
time, it means it cannot resolve the hostname of the mirror it's trying
to fetch from.

So could you verify that you have a network connection in general and
can connect to the mirrors specified in /etc/apk/repositories?

Kind regards, Kevin