Subject: Request on higher build timeouts in CI-Pipelines

From: Martin Hübner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2025 18:40:14 +0100

Hello there,

I would like to contribute ZMQ-Support to the aports gnuradio package.
The MR for that, although still in draft state, is almost finished.

https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/merge_requests/77833

Currently, the aarch64-pipeline fails for a timeout after 60 minutes. As
the logs show, the build process is almost finished at that moment,
doing some unit tests still. I suspect those to not take more than
additional 10 minutes. Is it maybe possible, to raise the timeouts a bit?

Yours Martin

---

From: Kevin Daudt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2025 18:51:50 +0000

> additional 10 minutes. Is it maybe possible, to raise the timeouts a bit?

Hello Martin,

The CI/CD timeout for merge requests from forks is determined by the
settings of the fork itself.

so you can adjust it here (general pipelines > timeout):
https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/Akira25/aports/-/settings/ci_cd#js-general-pipeline-settings

Hope that helps,
Kevin

---

From: Martin Hübner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2025 11:51:33 +0100

Am 08.02.25 um 19:51 schrieb Kevin Daudt:
> On Sat, Feb 08, 2025 at 06:40:14PM +0100, Martin Hübner wrote:
>> Hello there,
>>

Hello Kevin,

thank you for the hint. I wasn't expecting it to be this easy! :)

The MR is ready now, we do a last pipeline run and the package
maintainer approved already.

Thank you a lot for your support.
Martin