Subject: [alpine-aports] PR Merge?

From: Andrew Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 09:59:43 -0500

Hi,

I made a PR from to the github aports repo a while ago and haven't heard
anything.  There seem to be a lot of PRs there just waiting with no
feedback.  Is there a part of the process that I'm not understanding to get
a PR merged?  Do you need help to manage these changes?

Thanks,

-- 
Andrew Bell
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 14:31:35 -0800

Hi Andrew,

You need to send a patch to the aports mailing lists. The PR method is
not used for contributions in alpine. You can read more on how to it
here: https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Creating_patches

On 2019-02-14 09:59, Andrew Bell wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I made a PR from to the github aports repo a while ago and haven't
> heard anything.  There seem to be a lot of PRs there just waiting with
> no feedback.  Is there a part of the process that I'm not
> understanding to get a PR merged?  Do you need help to manage these
> changes?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> -- 
> Andrew Bell
> [email-masked]

---
Unsubscribe:  [email-masked]
Help:         [email-masked]
---

---

From: Andrew Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 20:02:33 -0500

It would be nice if this was clear on this page:
https://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Creating_an_Alpine_package

The implication is that you can make a PR from the github repo.

Thanks,

-- 
Andrew Bell
[email-masked]

---

From: Natanael Copa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 13:11:38 +0100

Hi,

You can send patch via github PR or via git send-email to alpine-aports
mailing list. If you have a trivial patch you can also do:

  `git format-patch -1 --stdout | tpaste`

and post the URL on IRC Freenode #alpine-devel channel if you have the
attention of a developer with git push access.

I have been on vacation for a month and we have been pretty busy with
the 3.9 release so we have falling behind with the PR queue. Sorry for
that.

Do you have the URL to the github PR?

-nc

On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 20:02:33 -0500

---

---

From: Andrew Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2019 12:23:33 -0500

> attention of a developer with git push access.

Thanks.  I just wasn't sure of the process and the PR had been sitting a
while.

> Do you have the URL to the github PR?

https://github.com/alpinelinux/aports/pull/6252

I think this has been taken care of and can be closed.  I believe GDAL
will build with GEOS support automatically if it's found without the
explicit --with-geos configuration option.  The geos-dev dependency should
do that.

Thanks,

-- 
Andrew Bell
[email-masked]